3

Hazel's Pov
"What's... this." I said and she looked at me.

"Coffee. Vanilla latte." She said.

"Uhm I- what is that?" I said and she froze.

"Wait you don't know what coffee is?" She asked and I shook my head no.

"Uhm... okay drink it... see if you like it." She said and I took a sip.

The flavors of it bursted in my mouth. I looked at her and she smiled as I took another drink.

"Vanilla latte. Remember that alright?" She said and I nodded.

"You don't look near as old as a teenager." She said.

"I still do highschool..." I said and she nodded.

"So your maybe 16 or 17? What year of highschool." I asked her.

"Junior." I said.

"Look I don't know you but do you know your name?" She asked me.

"Uhm hazel... Hazel Alvarez." I said and she smiled.

"Okay... so your about a 16 or 17 year old girl... where do you go to school?" She asked me.

"I did online... they didn't tell me the school." I said and she nodded.

"Okay... where did you come from?" She asked me.

"I don't know... I was on a subway for about 4 hours." I said and she nodded.

"Do you have anyone to look after you?" She asked me and I shook my head no.

I didn't want to go back to the foster parents. I was to scared to stay around.

"Put these clothes on?" She said and there was a set of clothes in her hand.

I nodded. I went to her bathroom and those clothes had to be like 60-40$ they were really comfy. It almost felt like I was being in a blanket.

"Yooooo! Anna!" I heard outside.

I opened the door slightly to see 4 people standing where I was sitting.

"Do you have someone else in this house? Why is there two coffees." One of them asked.

My hand started to tremble. The lashes on my back burned. I sat in the middle of the floor just panicking.

"Hey Hazel?" I heard outside the door.

"I have a few people I want you to meet." She said.

When she opened the door she found me just curled up in a ball on the floor.

She came in and closed the door behind her.

"Hey your gonna be okay. No one here is gonna hurt you." She said sitting down in front of me.

She waited for me. I knew she was gonna get impatient and I was terrified she would get annoyed of me.

"I-I'm sorry..." I whispered.

"Why? Hey I'm not gonna hurt you. I promise." She said.

I know this may sound really stupid...

"Pinky... promise?" I asked her as my trembling hand just pulled a pinky out.

"I pinky promise." She said smiling her out pinkies interlocked.

"Would you still like to meet my friends?" She asked me.

"Uhm sure." I said and she smiled.

Eva's pov
"ANNA!! WHERE DID YOU PUT MY GREY SWEATPANTS!" I yelled as I looked at the girl who came out of the bathroom with Anna.

"Oh... she has my grey sweatpants." I mumbled.

"Let her borrow them? Until at least we get her some clothes today." She said and I was confused.

The girl didn't look as old as Anna. And Anna still looks like she's failing highschool math. Anna doesn't look 20 but I mean neither do all of us.

"This is Hazel." She said.

"So I mean like is she related to you?" Emma ask.

"She's Uhh... my niece." She said and I could just tell she was easily lying.

"Alright." We said.

The girl had bruises and scars down her arms. When Anna realized that she went to her room and brought out a sweatshirt.

"Put this on." She said and the girl immediately followed her directions.

"Heyyy... haha Anna get your fucking ass over here." I whispered.

I shut the door of her bedroom and stared at her. She was lying. She's silent when she lies.

"Who is she." I said.

"Okay okay... I may have found her on the streets..." She said snd I freaked out.

"YOU TOOK A GIRL FROM THE FUCKING STREETS!!" I yelled.

"Have you seen her? Her entire body is covered with marks and bruises. Whoever was taking care of her clearly didn't do good." She said.

"So what. Your gonna take care of her." I said raising an eyebrow.

"She didn't know what coffee was." She said and I froze.

"She doesn't know what most things are... what makes it worse is that she's a Junior in highschool. She said she did online." She kept going and my mouth dropped open.

"Anna you are 20 years old what makes you think you can handle a teenager." I said.

"I don't know... I know she's never exactly experienced a good care... I kinda just wanna stick around with her until I can find someone who can." She said rubbing her arm. She does that when she's nervous...

"Anna I love you... but I really don't think you take custody of her... I mean do you want to?" I asked her.

"I wanna wait. I want to see if she's telling the truth." She said and I nodded.

"Update me on how it goes alright?" I asked her and she smiled.

"Of course I will." She said as I walked up and gave her a hug.