53

Anna's pov
A week... she's been in that hospital bed for a week. I fell asleep on her leg as I felt someone shake me.

"Eat." Eva said giving me McDonald's food.

Hazel has had 5 crash throughs the past few days. The ventilator is the only thing keeping her on the edge.

They had hooked her up to more machines. Traumatic Brain Injury... that's what the doctor says she has. It was a severe one hitting her head really hard.

I wasn't needed with a wheel chair since I was able to stand better yet the doctor suggested to keep there in case.

I kissed the top of Hazel's head has I left the hospital room to get fresh air. I ate the hamburger that Eva got me and sat outside.

"Hello mate." I heard.

Sorry I just thought up of a random Australian accent

"Would you like one?" He asked me as he 3 pre-rolls in his hands.

I tried to avoid it but it really was getting me. I nodded taking a perfectly wrapped one. He lit it with his lighter as I took one and inhaled.

Blowing it out it was like every situation disappeared. It felt like Hazel was actually gonna get better. It made me feel like Hazel was going to wake up.

I was excited and threw the pre-roll out rushing back in. But yet she laid in the bed steady with monitor beeping a rhythm.

I felt myself starting to get emotional. All the worries that went away came back up and piled on top of me.

I slumped into the wheel chair as I couldn't hold back those tears. The room was gray entirely and the room was alone. The light from the window cracked over Hazel's face.

"Go home." I heard seeing doctor Finn.

"You need to go home. Get a shower. Get some rest. She'll be here waiting." She said and I was gonna fight back.

"Fight back and I'll have sent out of this hospital permanently." She said sitting down next to me.

I gulped down my words and looked at her.

"Hazel's traumatic brain bleed is gonna damage her. Meaning she will have a point of disability when she wakes up." She said and I looked at her.

"She's gonna wake up?" I mumbled.

"76% percent she will. and it's increasing. Even her chase throughs she will be able to be taken off the ventilator after she wakes up." She said having a clip board.

"This disability? will it go away?" I asked and she shrugged.

"It depends." She said and I smiled.

"We will to perform a surgery after she wakes up. Internal injury in her abdomen." She said.

"Has she vaped or smoked?" She asked and I shook my head no.

"She'll be her when you come back. Go home." She said and I sighed as I acted like I was packing up.

She stayed in the room which made me actually have to leave. I kissed the top of Hazel's head.

After a few minutes I tried getting back in but she locked the door. She knew how I would play this...

It was nowhere for me to go. So I went home and took a bath from me to relax. I just stared at the water. It felt different without Hazel.

Her tv show greys anatomy going on in the background. The caprisuns were still in the pantry with full boxes that would have been gone in days.

I realize how lonely I was without Hazel...

I slipped on a sweatshirt and sweatpants going to bed. I inhaled the scent of bubbles with Hazel's name written all over them. I hugged them and fell asleep fast.

~~~~~

"How is she?" My mom asked me sitting down.

"Pale... but her chances of waking up is increasing." I said and she smiled.

"After your birthday... you and Hazel were quiet. What happened?" She asked me as I nodded.

"What happened?" She asked.

It brought me to that day where she kissed me drunk. I audibly laughed and smiled. After that day she had been so comfortable with me.

"She kissed me and than panicked." I said.

"She's such a sweet girl." My mom says and I nodded.

I scooted my chair over to Hazel where her arm was taken up by cords. I took ahold of her hand that had became so fragile.

I kissed the top of her hand before getting up and going to get food.

~~~~~

I woke up stretching looking at Hazel. I could see her Hazel eyes open.

She stared at me as my heart jumped. It had been 9 days without Hazel and she woke up.

But something was off about her. She hasn't said a word and when the doctor asked her questions she didn't say anything.

She sat in the bed as I looked at her. Her skin color was coming back to normal. The ventilator was taken off. They were gonna send her to surgery soon..

~~~~~~

I woke up to a unsteady rhythm of the monitor. It started to beep faster and faster making me panic.

I pressed the big red button signaling someone to help.

"Shut up and stop fucking beeping so goddamn fast." I muttered angrily at the machine.

At the sudden moment the beeping dropped to a flatline making me panic even more.

"N-No." I angrily said.

Doctors rushed into the room rushing me out.