12

Anna's Pov
I'd figure it was time for Hazel to get into school. So I got the closest highschool which wasn't too far here.

I signed her in and paid off.

"So the year she's gonna be starting highschool senior? Or what about Junior?" She asked me.

"She didn't complete junior year. She was close though." I said and she nodded.

"Okay if she can pass the junior exams than she can move to senior year easily." She said and I smiler.

"Thank you miss." I said.

"She can come in tomorrow and take them. Unless she needs time to study?" She asked.

"I'll email you the time?" I said and she nodded.

"Thank you miss shumate we would love to have her here." She said.

"And as well when she gets here we can have a few friends to show her around the building." She said and I smiled.

I came back home to see Hazel sitting in the living room.

"Hazy. Your gonna take some exams to go to school." I said and she got excited.

"Wait I get to actually go to the school? No online?" She said and I nodded.

"YES!" She yelled and she did a happy dance.

I smiled and kissed the top of her head before going out to do laundry.

"How about Friday you go do the junior year exams and then we can see if your going to move onto Senior year." I said and she was really excited.

I haven't seen a kid being so happy for school. Most kids rather drop out.

"I've never gone to school." She said and I froze.

"You've... never experienced a school day?" I asked her and she shook her head no.

"Is it fun? Will I have a lot of homework? Wait what if I fail? Can I interact with activities?" She started asking me questions.

"Hazel calm down." I said.

"You'll be just fine. I'm sure everyone will like you." I said and she smiled.

"Do you like me?" She asked.

"Of course... your a sweet person. If you just keeping being you... you'll make new friends." I said and she smiled.

"Oh my god... what should I wear?" She said rushing into our room.

When I came in with our laundry she had already 7 different pairs clothes out and she made me out the basket down dragging the clothes out and finding her jeans.

"Pick one." She said and I smiled.

"I think this one... and black jeans." I said holding up a lavender colored sweatshirt and black jeans.

"Wear converse they will go better with them." I said. Lavender I figured was her favorite color. That's the color that was on her debit card.

It was a lavender background with a shark and a dinosaur.

"Hazy you have to realize today is Tuesday. You won't be going until Friday and I'm sure as hell your not going until next year starts." I said.

"I know. I just wanna experienced the highschool. I have to look my best right?" She said and I nodded.

"Hazy wait." I whispered.

I unwrapped her torso and found that the marks on her back were healing up. It's almost as if she didn't need the wrap anymore. Although finding multiple wraps in my trash can filled with blood was disturbing.

"Wait here alright?" I said and she nodded.

I took out a cream that would soothe her back and it's good for scars. They make it fade faster.

I started to put it on her back and she stayed still like I told her too.

I hoped she does make new friends. I had photo shoot on Friday so everything works out perfectly. I'll be in just enough time to pick up Hazel after.

"Hazel make sure you study. You would prefer senior year alright?" I said and she nodded.

"Anna?" She said as I picked up all the clothes and hung the ones she was gonna wear on Friday up.

"What's up?"

"Is highschool scary?" The tone in her voice sounded like she was scared.

"It depends. If you have good friends you will be okay. But if you make the wrong choice in friends it will be like hell." I said and she was terrified.

"What if I do make the wrong choices?" She asked.

"Then you have to move on. Just find some friends that are good for you and you will be okay." I said and she smiled.

"Thank you." She said and I smiled.

"No problem. Now let's go get some chipotle. I'm fucking starving." I said and she smiled getting up.

She brought bubbles with her and I honestly don't think she should bring it too school. Not because it would be embarrassing but she might lose it and I don't want her to lose that.

"Do you think your gonna leave bubbles at home?" I asked her.

"I want to bring them but I don't know." She said.

"I don't think you should. You might lose them. They will be waiting for you at home." I said.

Hazel had named the dinosaur bubbles because it wasn't exactly a male or female name. But as well as giving the pronouns they/them because she figured the dinosaur was a non binary dinosaur.

Everything's going great...