58

Hazel's Pov
"Hey wake up." I heard as I felt someone shake me.

"N-No please I want sleep." I mumbled pulling Anna down and burying my head in her chest.

"Someone's here for you." She said and I ignored her letting myself fall asleep again.

"Hazel it's someone important... it's really important Cmon let's go." She said getting up making me dig my nails in her.

"Please." I mumbled.

"No Hazel it's important you have to get up." She said and I groaned.

She dragged me out of bed and walked me to the living room as I saw a girl.

"Hey wait. Your the girl that's been in my nightmares." I said pointing at her.

"Hazel." She said and I was creeped out.

"My name is Haley." She said.

"That's my dead's sisters name." I said almost frowning.

"Hazel I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say." The stranger said and I was so confused.

"My name is Haley Alvarez. Daughter of Marc and Sarah. I also have a younger sister named... Hazel." She said and I could feel angry.

"No. No that impossible. My sisters dead. Your just acting like her." I said.

"Hazel I understand that you may not believe this." She said and I got angrier.

"N-No get out!" I yelled.

"If you were alive you would have came looking for me when we were younger!" I yelled.

"Hazel I tried I really did but I didn't even know you were alive until I was 10." She said calmly.

"I got adopted when I was 8 so I was in foster home and when I came across the old news I didn't know. It told me you were somehow still alive." She said so calmly.

How is she so calm...

"Wait wait you got adopted?" I asked and she nodded.

"You didn't?" She mumbled.

"I thought this was your sibling?" She said pointing at Anna and I shook my head no.

"I've never been adopted. I've jumped from foster home to foster home." I mumbled.

"Oh Hazel I'm so sorry." She said.

"No! Don't feel fucking sorry for me." I yelled.

"Don't go all emotional because I never got the life you had."

"Sure you had good parents and you became such a sweet sweet child." I said as about this point I was in tears.

"Don't ever fucking feel sorry for me."

"And you just don't turn up at your little sisters door feeling so sorry about them. I grew up never knowing anything about anyone of you!" I yelled.

"Hazel..." she mumbled.

I was about to walk away when I felt Anna hold my waist.

"Hazel... it's your sister. She's still your sister after 15 years or not." She whispered.

I was frustrated. I was also half asleep and I wanted to fall asleep.

"I wanna go to bed." I said and she sighed.

"Haley... do you have a place to stay?" Anna asked her.

"No but I can just go to a hotel." Haley said and I felt a little bad.

"Stay on the couch for a couple nights if you need to." She said and after that Anna was caught off guard.

I took a run and went to the door. Right before Anna could get there I slammed it shut and locked it.

I couldn't breathe and I was panicking. I sat on the bed fidgeting. I was desperately trying to look for a way out.

I found bubbles and hugged them tightly.

Anna's pov
"Where's the fucking key" I mumbled going into the kitchen.

I found it at the corner of the drawer. I went over to the door and unlocked it or find Hazel asleep.

She really needed the sleep anyways. I covered her up with a blanket and shut the door.

Haley was still sitting there uncomfortable.

I went into the kitchen and started to make dinner.

"You know I thought Hazel was still in Utah not Cali." She said breaking the silence.

"After I got a car I tracked everywhere and put up papers and a website." She said.

"And that's how it found you. Someone told me about you and showed me you." She kept going as I started to chop the onions more slowly.

"So I got a plane ticket and came to see you. And now she doesn't want to see me..." she said getting sad at the end.

"Hazel never got adopted because she was hidden. No one set her up for adoption they just kept her hidden in a home." I said replying.

"After adoption home to adoption home she was abused really badly and I mean not parental abuse I mean domestic abuse and possibly sexual assault without and memory." I kept going as I put all the ingredients on and put rice in the other hand.

I started to cook the chicken as I sat down next to her.

"I didn't adopt her. After 18 she's going off on her own I think." I said.

"I found her on a bench in the cold of Febuary 28th of... 2023." I said and she smiled.

"So far I have had... two birthdays with her."

"Uhm... it took her awhile to get use to this living of life but I think she got use to it."

I kept going on and we talked. We had a few things in common but the most important thing was that Hazel connected.

Hazel was important to both of us... and Hazel was in a state of panic right now.