28

Anna's Pov
"Hazel why don't we talk?" I asked her and I was nervous.

"Talk? Did I do something wrong?" She asked me getting up alarmed.

"No you didn't I promise you didn't... why don't we just go for coffee..." I said and she softened."

"Oh okay..." she mumbled.

She was playing with her fingers and I felt bad for alarming her.

"We can get your vanilla latte." I said and she smiled but it didn't knock off her anxiety.

"Cmon. You have bubbles?" I asked and she picked them up.

We went out to a coffee shop that was downtown. I didn't want to go to Starbucks cause they were busy during this time of day.

When we entered it was really quiet. I looked at Hazel who was ready to order. I brought her up to the desk and order.

"Go find a seat alright?" I said and she nodded finding a booth in the corner.

After I got our drinks I sat down across from her. She happily sipped the drink. She always does this. She checks the temperature by her tongue. If it's too hot she'll give up but if it's not she can find a certain place and stir til it's warm.

"So you want to talk?" She said breaking my train of thought.

"Uhm yeah..." I mumbled.

I looked at her. Her eyes were adjusting from happy to worried. No I didn't want that.

"I use to have an addiction." I said and she was listening intently.

"In highschool I used to be addicted to weed and stuff like that." I said and she nodded.

"So... I'm sorry if I ever did hurt you really bad." I mumbled playing with the rings I had on my finger.

"It's okay." She said and she forgave so easily.

"May I ask... why you had an addiction? You don't have to tell me." She said and I smiled.

"Well Uhm... I met a girl." I said and she smiled.

"We used to be like bestfriends wouldn't ever be apart a day." I mumbled.

"One day... we both went to a party. We loved parties and we would always protect each other from no one taking advantage." I said and she could tell where this was going.

"I on accidentally got really really drunk... and well she took advantage of me." I said and she looked so sad.

"I mean I'm fine now. But it's just that led to an addiction." I said.

"Luckily I stopped and got rid of the weed and I was doing really good." I said.

"I guess you leaving kinda triggered me and made me relapse. I'm so sorry." I said and she frowned.

"I'm sorry I didn't spend time with you..." she said and I froze.

"No no this wasn't your fault I promise." I said and she looked like she felt bad.

I was the reason for my relapse not her.

"No because I get it. I was out with Kaylee so much I wasn't with you." She said.

"Hazel look at me. None of this was your fault. I just wasn't myself and Im gonna do better." I said and she smiled.

"Your the best I could ask for." She said.

God she's such a sweet person...

"You know... the day I ran away I gave the rest of my money to a homeless man." She said.

"And he said that he wished good things to come my way..." she kept going and I nodded.

"And I think he meant you were gonna find me. Im glad I gave the man the money because I don't know what I would do without you." She said and I could feel myself warming up.

Oh god I'm blushing... I could feel it in my cheeks.

"Did I say something wrong? Your cheeks are getting pink." She said and I laughed.

"No... but why don't we take Pluto out for a pup cup?" I asked her and she nodded excitedly.

We went out and got Pluto a pup cup. I thought about what she told me giving money to a homeless man.

Im glad to have her because honestly I probably won't be in a very good place at the time without Hazel.

She looked up at me despite our heights. She had her hazel eyes looking at me as I smiled and kissed the top of her head.

~~~~~~

"Hazy have you ever tried doing a sport?" I asked her and she shook her head no.

"I can't soccer." She mumbled.

"I mean it doesn't have to be soccer you know. It could be basketball, softball, perhaps track?" I said and she looked at me.

"What's track." She mumbled.

"Do you know the lines of the outside football field at a stadium?" I asked her and she nodded.

"It's like running in races. Around a track." I said.

"And you compete with other people." I said and she looked interested.

"Why don't we get started with running and maybe getting your body into running and if you don't like it we can quit." I said and she seemed to be really excited.

"Okay. That sounds great." She said and I smiled.

"Wait... will I have to be put on a strict diet" she asked and the fear she had broke me.

"Of course not. You can anything you want. Except peanuts. Your allergic to peanuts". I said and she laughed.