4

Anna's POV
"Hey get up. And wear this alright?" I said opening Hazel's room.

When she didn't reply I uncovered her and there was blood on the sheets... I looked at her who seemed to be awake.

Her back was bleeding and it looked like she had been whipped. She was shaking badly and I didn't know what to do.

I went to the bathroom and I got an ace bandage and some soft padding to go on her back.

I came back and she saw me. I crouched down pulling a little hair behind her ear.

"Can you sit up for me?" I asked her.

I got a wet cloth to clean the dry blood up. She winced every time as I tried reassuring her.

You can see her spine... you can see her rib cage and she looked like she had eaten in days with not water nor food.

"I'll take care of you..." I whispered.

When I started to wrap the soft cotton padding she kept wincing and moving. I held just below her bra that Eva had given her.

When it was wrapped. I took a minute to realize that there was no sheets in the bed. Which means that the mattress is ruined.

"Make sure that doesn't fall off alright?" I said and she nodded.

I sat in front of her with her clothes and when I realized she was crying. I started to put the hoodie on her carefully not aggravate her back. I looked at her and she was wincing at her back a lot.

I can back with some pain relievers to see if that would help. With getting joggers on we were ready.

"We are gonna go to the mall and get you some clothes." I said.

"What's a mall." She mumbled.

"A mall is a place where a lot stores are. And as well most malls have a food court for fast foods. We can get lunch there." I said and I could tell she had a million questions.

"I'm sorry if I ask too many questions..." she said and I smiled.

It breaks me to see someone as young as her go through so much.

"It's okay... Cmon I can make us breakfast." I said and she nodded.

She sat at the island table while I made us some cereal. We had a lot to do today. First she needed a hair cut... badly. Her hair is so knot up it's nearly impulsive to brush it.

She needs some new clothes and she needs to just see the world a little more and get to know everything.

She will probably want to try new things that she may have never done.

When we finished I got in my car. She was about to sit in the back when I told her she could sit up in the front.

"First we're gonna get you a haircut." I said.

"Haircut? Are you gonna shave my head?" She asked and I laughed.

"No but we are gonna fix your hair." I said and she nodded.

I was planning to buy her a phone today. If in case she ever wants to go back to her family she could contact me and I could maybe meet her parents.

The hair stylist did amazing. When she looked through the type of haircuts she asked me if she can get an undercut.

"You want that? I'm sure she can do that." I said and she smiled.

She had gotten a diagonal cross pattern of some sort and it really looked good on her.

"Would you like me to put it up in a bun for you?" The lady asked.

When she question what that was the lady did it anyway putting her hair just where everyone could see her undercut.

I smiled as the stylist looks towards me.

"You are a very pretty person. I hope you have the good rest of your day." She said and Hazel almost had the biggest smile.

"We're gonna go take a shower at home. We don't wanna have an itchy clothes from all the hair." I said and she nodded.

When she came out of the shower she didn't know how to have her hair. I came up behind her with despite the height difference she was really... short.

I started to do her hair just like the stylist did. She smiled and turned around hugging me.

"Thank you." She said.

"Of course..." I said.

After we got her back wrapped up. We went forward to the day and went shopping. I got her some shoes that she liked and a lot of clothes.

"Alright what do you want?" I asked her.

"Uhm... what are these..." She asked me.

"Fast food restaurants. That one's Chinese food that's sandwiches, Mexican and just a lot of different kinds." I said and she picked subway.

"Get anything you want." I said and froze.

"Anything?" She mumbled and I nodded.

She ended up making her own sandwich. She looked really happy when she ate it and I couldn't help but smile.