7

Hazel's Pov
I sat in the living room watching tv. Anna had put on a show. It was interesting and the show was called Greys Anatomy.

I partially knew some of the things they were saying.

"Hey hazy." Anna whispered.

"I'm gonna go get some groceries... They are gonna stay here alright? Call me if you need too." She said kissing the top of my head.

"I cant come with you?" I said getting up and stretching.

"No cause I won't be home till tonight. Call me and text me if you want alright?" She said and after that she left.

I looked behind me and all 4 girls stared at me. I just wanted to crawl in a hole and just die.

"Hey..." someone whispered beside me.

It was the girl who made the avocado toast.

"I'm Eva... this is Sab, Dev, and Emma." She said pointing to each girls.

"Hey wait you like games? I got some games." The blonde girl said as she rushed outside.

She came back with a few games that were boxed up.

"These are board games." She said setting them on the ground.

"So you play them when your bored?" I said and she looked at me like no just said my first words.

"You can. There just there if we have nothing to do. Cmon we can teach you uno." She said.

"I'll team up with you so I can help you." The girl which I think her name was Dev.

"Careful that one gets too competitive." Eva said pointing at who's name was Sab.

I felt comfortable... but I wish Anna was here. I was still warming up to Anna but she's always there with me and I just wanted her presence around me.

Anna's Pov
I lied. I went to call a lawyer a number that Sab gave me. I also called DHHS and explained my case to them.

They told me to come by and explain more about what is going on. Hazel must have had no family. Considering she told me was through a bunch of foster homes she didn't see the good side of it.

"So you don't know how old Hazel is?" The agent asked me and I shook my head no.

"Okay... so right now she has been living with you for a week now." She asked me and I nodded.

"Please.. I just want her to have a good home. If it's still an availability I can take custody of her?" I asked and she looked at me.

"Miss shumate I know what your case is. People do this all the time. Are you related to her in some way or have any connections on people who know her already?" She asked me and I shook my head no.

"And what about the names of the foster home people?" She asked and I shook my head no.

"What about the agency of the foster home care?" And I also shook my head no.

"Hmm... so she just ran away?" This time I said yes and she smiled.

"I'll take this case to the court. We will have to inspect your home and we will have to her come in and we'll ask her some questions." She said and I nodded.

"Do realize you may be taking care of teenager? You are only 20." She said.

"I just want to take care of her as much as I can." I said and she smiled again.

"We will do what we can. For now... we'll come by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow." She said and I nodded.

"Can you bring her in tomorrow? Maybe 2 in the afternoon?" She asked.

"I will have to see. Thank you again I wouldn't know how to do this without you." I said.

"That's what we are here for. Children around the world are going through this too. We are happily to take this in and get her in your hands." She said.

"As in any form of domestic abuse. Has she gone through sexual terms with anyone?" She asked and I didn't look into that with Hazel.

She never didn't like physical touch but she was slowly letting me touch her like hugging her and letting me play with her hair.

"No, I don't know if she's been through that." I said and she nodded.

"We will see what we can do. Thank you for coming by!" She said and I smiled leaving her office.

I felt a full relief coming over me. Actually I couldn't say I could lie because I went to get groceries right after. Some snacks that Hazel could snack on when she wanted.

I always had a snack drawer by my bed in case if I get hungry at night.

When I got home I saw everyone sitting in the living room. Hazel seemed to be comfortable with them and I smiled.

"Hey Anna." Eva said as she walked up to me.

"So? How'd it go?" She said helping me put up groceries.

"They said they would look into the case. They got me an agent from the DHHS and they got me a pretty good lawyer to help." I said putting some caprisuns in the fridge.

Lately Hazel has loved caprisuns and orange juice. So I got some for her. I left a redbull and a caprisun out and unwrapped the straw.

"They want me to bring her in for questioning." I said poking the straw into the hole.

"That's good right?" She asked me as we started to walk towards where everyone is.

"They will inspect the home soon. So can you take Hazel out for shopping or lunch maybe?" I whispered as I saw Hazel and them playing monopoly.

"Yeah of course. I mean she seems to be fine with all 3 of us. It would be great way to bond with all three of us." She said and I sat behind Hazel who was making her move.

"Hi." She said and I smiled.

"Are you winning?" I asked her and everyone looked at me.

Hazel had the most money out of everyone else. She had multiple 500s and Dev was already out.

"Shes already beat us at monopoly, phase 10, sushi go, and go fish." Emma said and I smiled.

I put my head on top of Hazel's shoulder. She didn't seem to mind it at all. The rest of the night we played games and watched movies till Hazel fell asleep.

Everyone went home while I picked her up and brought her to our bedroom.

I've started to call it our bedroom because all her clothes were in the closet. Her toothbrush was in the bathroom and mostly everything else is too.

"Goodnight hazy.." I whispered kissing the side of her head and taking her shake blanket over her.

She cuddled right into the dinosaur as I smiled.