6

Eva's POV
"So who's the new girl?" Sab asked me and I looked at her.

"What new girl?" I asked.

"New girl as in the girl that lives with Anna now." Dev said.

"Please you think Anna is a good liar." Emma said behind me.

"I mean I don't know." I said lying and placing a three on the table.

"Uno." I said.

"Your not a good one yourself." Emma said as she sat next on the couch.

"Okay well your gonna have to ask Anna." I said as I had to draw another card.

"Why can't you tell us? I mean in all fairness your the first to find out who she actually was." Dev said.

"She picked her up from the streets." I muttered and they all went crazy.

"YOUR TELLING ME ANNA JUST PICKED A GIRL FROM THE STREETS!!" Emma yelled.

"Damn it." I mumbled having to draw another card.

"uno." J said and everyone just kept asking questions.

"SHES 17?!!?" They yelled.

"I win." I said putting a blue 9 down.

"EVA! WHY THE FUCK NOT TO TELL US?!" They kept yelling.

They all started to get around and ran outside. I groaned and grabbed the keys.

"Sorry Anna..." I muttered as I got in the drivers seat.

"FUCKING DRIVE!!" They yelled.

I drove to Anna's and Emma was so jittery she got out of the car while it was pulling up in the driveway.

"Jesus Christ." I muttered getting out.

Anna's Pov
I looked over where Hazel was asleep. She was cuddling her dinosaur with her shark blankets.

I know Hazel is probably gonna act like a kid but it's just because she's never really experienced her childhood and I felt really bad.

"ANNA ELIZABETH SHUMATE!!" I heard the front door open seeing all 4 girls there.

"Will you guys fucking zip it." I whispered loudly:

"Hazel is asleep." I said pointing.

They all looked and than I felt Emma pull me to my bedroom following with all the other girls and they shut the door.

"You picked a girl up from the fucking streets?!" Sab yelled.

I looked at Eva who mouthed sorry.

"She doesn't know what coffee was. She only drank water until two days ago. She's underweight and so skinny. You can see her spine, her rib cage. The scars on her body came from a cord." I said and they all were left speechless.

"She's had her first sandwich from subway and she look liked she was the happiest girl. Her favorite animals are dinosaurs and shark but never actually got to see one. She can't hold eye contact, she's afraid of being touched. She hates being in confined spaces. She thought dragons were real and she thought stuff animals meant they stuffed actual animals..." I said.

"She's never experienced a childhood nor an actual family that cared for her." I said.

"And if you want I can go on with all the things about her just in an entire week." I said.

"And... she's only a junior in highschool. She's actually really smart but has never opened a book." I said.

"She knows highschool math more than I do and I doubt she could fail senior highschool. But right now I am having trouble getting custody of her because I don't know where to start." I said and I started to freak out.

"So first I have to get custody but if I go to the police they are gonna send her to a hell hole where she's gonna hate it." I kept going and going.

"Did you know she was sleeping in the cold with shorts and a coat?" I said and they just stared at me.

"No money... no warm clothes... no place to stay." I muttered.

"Okay okay... Anna calm down." I felt two hands caressing my face.

"We will find a way to get through this..." she said and I just sniffed.

"I just can't seem to find a way to get her to someplace safe. I feel like no one will understand her as much as I will." I said slumping down in a chair.

"Anna you are 20... what makes you think you can handle a teenager?" Finally one of the girls besides Eva spoke up.

"She's not just a fucking teenager who vapes or smokes weed. She's a teenager that never experienced a childhood and if I could give her a childhood where she was treated like an equally good person I would give that to her!" I yelled.

There was a knock on the door where everyone was quiet.

When I opened it Hazel stood there with her shark blanket wrapped around and she was still hugging bubbles.

"I-I'm sorry... Im kinda hungry?" She said and she was really quiet.

"I'll show you where the food is... what do you want?" Eva said brushing past me.

"Anna it says here you can file a complaint 'Protection from abuse'." Dev said.

"Do you have a lawyer?" Sab asked.

"I mean yeah? I can get one I think." I said and they nodded.

"Than we can help you get custody... it's possible for you to be her legal guardian until 18." They said and I nodded.

Eva's Pov
Hazel hasn't said a word to me. In fact she's been just standing there staring at my actions.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked her and she just looked at me.

"Here... I think you would love this." I said cutting up an avocado.

I put the bread down in a toaster and waited for it to get golden. When it did after a few minutes I started to spread the avocado on top and getting a plate down for her.

I set both of them and pushed the plate to her.

"Thank you..." she whispered.

"No problem... tell me how you like it." I said watching her take a bite.