18

Hazel's Pov
"KAYDEN BRETT ALLEN!!" She yelled running out of the room.

I walked out and saw what was happening in the living room.

"Give me your goddamn phone!" She yelled.

He scoffed giving his phone to her. When she looked at the phone she started to search. She was mad...

"You listen here you fucking twerp. Text her again and I will destroy your new PS5 to fucking pieces." She said pulling his shirt by his collar.

I think I can tell who is oldest...

"Do you see what she's doing?! She's making you quit!" He yelled.

"Maybe that's what I wanna do! Maybe she's actually helping me!" She yelled.

"HELPING! You've been crying over the addiction. And you've been sick!" He yelled and I walked back to her room.

"THATS SUPPOSE TO FUCKING HAPPEN. YOU DONT GET TO SAY ANYTHING!" She yelled.

"MY FUCKING CHOICE. IF YOU WANNA KEEP GOING! FINE! BUT DONT SHOVE IT IN MY FACE!" She yelled.

She came back and slammed the door as hard as she could making me flinch.

"I-... I am so sorry you had to listen to that." She said and I shook my head.

"It's okay." I said and she smiled.

"Do you... want to go get food?" She asked and I nodded.

We ended up going to go to Canes and we actually stayed inside the building while we ate chicken.

"So uhm... what's your family like?" She said dipping in canes sauce.

"Family..." I muttered zoning out.

"Not good I expect?" She said breaking my thoughts.

"I guess you can say that..." I said and she scoffed,

"Family is bad. Family ruins your life." She said and I frowned.

"Not all the time. You just need to spend time with them." I said and she looked at me.

"So you wanna tell me you have a good family life?" She said and I shook my head no.

"I rather not talk about my family." I said and she paused.

"Oh... I'm sorry." She said.

"I prefer talking about other things. That doesn't include me." I said.

"Well highschool right now is kicking my ass." She said.

"Speaking of highschool what grade are you in?" She asked me.

"Well Im going into senior year in august. I don't do school. I used to though." I said and her eyes widen.

"How?" She asked.

"We don't question it." I said and she smiled.

"Well you should totally help me cheat." She said and I shook my head no.

"Cheating is bad. You should really study." I said

"Pfft who studies now?" She laughed taking a bite.

"I do. And I still do." I said and she sighed.

"Well why don't you help me with homework has 'study'." She said emphasizing the word study.

"Okay." I said and she smiled.

Anna's POV
"Soooo now how do you think of Hazel'a new friend?" Eva asked as I groaned.

"I absolutely don't know. Kaylee has never seen me and I've never seen her. What if Hazel is making up friends?" I said and they scoffed.

"Anna I don't think Hazel would do that. Realize that Hazel is just like a normal human being." Emma said.

"Yeah yeah but... I'm just afraid that hazel found friends that are not good for her." I said.

"Just trust her. I'm sure Hazel can find friends on her own. I mean after all she found you." They said and I nodded.

"Fine...I'll let her this one time." I said.

"Anna don't you think that maybe your taking this a little too far? Your in between of being her mom and her girlfriend... when in reality your just a legal guardian." Dev said and I looked at her.

"Girlfriend?" I questioned.

"We ALL can see the jealousy." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"No way! I'm not jealous!" I said.

"Yeah we will all pretend to believe that." Sab said walking into the pantry to find food.

"Your a legal guardian over Hazel. Don't get too attached because she's gonna leave after 18." Eva said and I frowned.

"I don't want her to leave..." I mumbled.

"See Anna? Your already attached to her. And seemed enough you can't let go." Emma said.

"Whatever... I'll let her leave." I said sitting on the couch.

"Eventually..." I heard.

I frowned at the thought of Hazel leaving me... I've already grown so close to her I'm afraid she will forget who I am.

What if she chooses someone over me? Or her foster parents?

What happened to all the hard work I've done to build a relationship so close with her? I don't want that to go to ruins.

"Stop overthinking it Anna." Eva said sitting next to me.

"But I don't wanna lose her..." I mumbled...

"You won't lose her. Plus it's very hard to forget someone who changed your life." Eva said as I laid my head on her lap.

"Is it possible... to wait for someone till 18 to fall fully in love with?" I questioned and they all looked at me.

"Anna... you think she's gonna see that your falling in love with herself? That's gonna put pressure on the both of you!" They all blabbered about.

"Yeah I guess your right..." I said getting up.

Hazel's Pov
"Hey want to sleep over tonight?" Kaylee asked.

"You'll have to drop me off my house to get some stuff but I'm down. Let me just ask." I said and Kaylee nodded.