25

Anna's POV
"Hazel..." I knocked on the door.

Hazel hasn't came out of our room. It's been two days and I'm getting afraid. I didn't mean to go off on her I just know that I'm gonna have to cope without Hazel being around the house.

I had enough and picked the lock to the door. Eva and Emma were asleep in the living room and I just wanted to make sure Hazel was okay.

I opened it and called out her name only to be replied with silence. Calling out again and being responded in the same way.

I checked everywhere and finding a note on the bed.

'I understand maybe you don't want me around. I've left my credit card to pay for the damage Kayden took from you. He broke into the house and stole money so here is the rest of my money that I don't need. I'm really sorry. I didn't take anything I only took myself and a couple of caprisuns.'

Fuck... it all my fault. If maybe I could just resist that weed maybe none of this would happen.

"EVA! EMMA!" I yelled.

They both ran into the room.

"Hazel ran away." I said and they looked at me.

Bubbles was sitting in the corner. I took ahold of it and it still smelled like her.

It still smells like the regular Hazel. She left... everything.

I raced outside calling Hazel's phone. It went straight to voicemail. When Eva and Emma got in the car I drove around town to see if I could find her.

When did she leave?

"She was here two days ago. I did call out for her if she wanted any food but she didn't reply so I say she left right after we all fell asleep that night." Emma said and I groaned banging my head on the wheel.

How could I let this happen.

"Anna calm down we're gonna find her." Eva said.

"Wait where's the subway?" I mumbled.

"Go to the right." Eva said and I followed her instructions all the way.

I ran down the stairs and rand through all of the places. I found a fruit punch caprisun on the floor. She's been here...

No... what if she went back to her foster parents. I recalled her telling me her foster parents were named Scott and Jane Whitlock.

I went to the police station and address my situation to them. Telling them Hazel could be in a dangerous fostering home right now.

It was nearly a four hour drive but I'm not gonna let Hazel slip through my fingers.

~~~~~

"Ma'am we have suspicions with a domestic abuse." The police said and a lady opened the door.

She had a cigarette in her hand and she scoffed.

"That girl? With whatever her fucking name is." She said.

"Ma'am she goes by Hazel Alvarez." The police said.

"Oh that slut. Yeah she came by here." She said and I saw a taller man as he glared at me.

"Why?" She said puffing a smoke in the officers face.

"Anna shumate is the legal guardian. Hazel Alvarez is a runaway." He said and her eyes widen.

"So she fucking replaced us." She said sternly standing more stiff like she was stronger then us.

"I would be reporting your fucking ass for domestic abuse but I'm too worried about her right now I rather know she's safe. Fuck you." I spat at them and they were surprised.

I went back and it was beginning to be dark. I was really worried and was really mad at myself.

She didn't bother taking bubbles or her blanket. She just left like it wasn't her home.

It was nearly pitch black as I looked outside the window. Eva and Emma were all silent.

"Please come home Hazel..." I mumbled as I drove through the streets with just tears coming down.

Eva and Emma both got out as they looked at me.

"You just go ahead. I'll uhm I'll be in there in a second." I said and they nodded.

I kinda just sat there. Eva and Emma were figuring to go home. If Hazel didn't come back she wouldn't come back at all and that was my fucking fault.

Hazel's Pov
I went back to foster homes and than decided not to stay. They gave me a choice saying I would have a proper home yet things would go back the way they were before. Which was meaning I wouldn't go to school where Anna was or be with Anna anymore.

I decided to decline the offer. I did manage to steal some money off the counter and took a break for it.

My stomach was hurting really bad by the grip Kayden had over my waist. Not to mention how he tormented me throughout the entire robbery.

I luckily was able to buy a box of caprisuns and some goldfish. I took a string bag from Anna's house and the only things it had was my phone which I turned my location off. A charger and a couple of caprisun I took from Anna's house.

On the way to my foster parents home I didn't want the phone. I didn't deserve the phone in fact I didn't deserve Anna.

She's been really nice and kind but I mean everyone breaks. I sabotaged her and I hated myself for it.

I decided to sneak back in and left the phone and charger. I've spent my whole life without a phone. I can live without it.

Luckily I found Anna asleep. I quickly took off and found myself at abandoned train tracks.

"Hey kid." I heard looking behind me.

"You want these? I don't want them there gummy bears." He said and there was an unopened package.

I'm starving... it's better then nothing.

I looked at him has he just stared at me.

"What are you fucking looking at you taking them or you not?" He said and I swiftly grabbed the gummy bears out of his hand and darted off hoping he didn't follow next

When I was at a lit up gas station I opened them. I turned around and found myself walking in circles.

If I made a right and down a neighborhood street I would be at Anna's house.

I started to eat the gummy bears. I haven't had much to eat and I'm definitely starving.

The bag was empty and I threw it away in a garbage can. My head started to feel woozy and I was getting dizzy.

What were in those... gummy bears?

I couldn't control myself and I just started to walk towards Anna's house. I wanted myself to stop but it's like I'm not even controlling myself.

I knocked on the door and someone came really fast. I saw Anna has she looked at me.

"H-Hazel..." she whispered and I immediately collapsed on top of her.