2

The next two weeks flew by and before I knew it I was on the train on my way to my new school.

St Norson's boarding school.

Even the name is horrible.

Classes don't start till the twenty-ninth of August. But everyone has to be at the school by tomorrow. So I decided to just get it over with and come on the twenty-seventh.

The school is four hours away from where me and Lilian live. And that is about all I know. They didn't give us much information, apart from where the school is and what day you have to check yourself in. So I don't know what to expect.

It took a whole load of convincing to reassure Lilian that I would be okay to go on my own. She said, and I quote 'Fine. But you better ring me as soon as you get set up or mark my word I will get the next train out and beat your ass'. But she didn't come off as threatening as she hoped so when I start bursting out laughing she looked deeply offended.

When the train came to a stop, I looked out the window and saw this was my stop. I grabbed my bags and got off the train. Lilian had told me that after I got off the train it would be a five-minute walk till I got to the school, which was pretty close.

I followed the directions she had written down for me, and when I got there I was shocked. This place looked like it was meant for royalty. It looked old fashion yet it still had a modern look to it. It was surrounded by tall trees and it look like it cost a bomb.

After realizing I probably looked stupid just standing there, I started walking in. I swear it took me a good five minutes just to walk up the long ass driveway. And when I got to the door, I needed to take a minute to catch my breath. Can you tell I did amazing in gym class? Note the sarcasm.

When I opened the door, once again I was left surprised. I was expecting graffiti, cracks in the wall, and maybe even some blood. But no, the inside was surprisingly clean.

"Can I help you with anything?"Said a voice, startling me out of my daze. I turn to the right and see an older woman behind a desk, I'm assuming a receptionist, staring at me with concern.

I felt my cheeks heat up with embarrassment as I walk over to her."Um yes, please. I'm a new student here and I don't know where to go"I explain."Oh, don't worry honey you're not the only one" She chuckles and gives me a warm smile. I smile back awkwardly. My social skills are horrendous.

"What's your name?" She asks."Harriet Miller"I reply. She types away on her computer and clicks a few things, while I stand there looking around.

"Okay, Ms Miller, this is your first time here correct?"She asks. "Yes". "Okay the principal would like to see you. Just go through that door"She points to the door behind her.

I walk towards the door and look back at the receptionist."Do I just walk in or..?"I ask."Yes" She says, not sparing me a glance

I hesitantly open the door and look inside to see a man, around the age of fifty, sitting behind a desk reading over what looks to be a file.

"Hello sir, I was told by the receptionists that you'd like to see me," I said, still standing by the door. He shifts his gaze from whatever he was reading to me and smiled."You must be Harriet. Please, come in"He said. I step into his office and close the door and stand there.

He chuckles."You can take a seat, Harriet, I don't bite". I look down sheepishly and take a seat in front of his desk. "Welcome to Norsons Academy. I'm the principal here, Mr Barrington. And the lady you were just talking to was Amelia." He says.

"I won't keep you too long don't worry. As you know this is a boarding school, so you can't just leave whenever you feel like it. You are allowed leave anytime after ten am, but keep in mind there is a curfew" He tells me, and I internally pray that it is something reasonable.