77

Harriet's POV

I'm on the train on my way to my graduation.

Alone.

She hasn't woken up yet, unfortunately.

But it's fine. It's going to be fine. I'll be fine.

The train suddenly comes to a stop, and I look and see we're here. That was quick.

I get off the train and begin my walk to the school. Now I've been dreading this part because I had to wear my gown on the way.

So not only did I get weird looks on the train, I now have to get weird looks as I walk to the school.

Fun.

Thankfully it was only a ten-minute walk.

Once I reached the school, I noticed that the usual empty driveway was full of cars. So was the outside of the school.

See, I chose the more environment-friendly option and walked.

They should be ashamed.

I walk up the driveway of the school and walk in the main door. The school sent out multiple reminders that we were all supposed to meet in the cafeteria, while our guests waited at the football pitch where the ceremony would take place.

It's currently twenty past twelve, and the ceremony starts in around forty minutes. However, when I walked into the cafeteria I noticed that most of our year was already here.

"Harriet" Someone shouted, and I look over to see Julian. I smile as I walk over to him, and he hugs me. "You are my saviour. I've been here for half an hour, and no one else is here yet. I've been standing on my own like a loner" He mumbles as he pulls away, and I laugh.

"Why were you here so early?" I ask and he groans. "I got the time mixed up, and they won't let anyone leave the cafeteria because they think someone is going to vandalize the school like last year" Julian explains, and I look at him confused.

"But anyone could vandalize the school at any time? Plus, there are still people coming down from the dorm. They could easily vandalize something" I say.

"Exactly! My god, I swear this school has no logic. Same with the dorm categorizing system" Julian says and I nod.

"Right? Like just because I lit something on fire once, doesn't mean I'm going to do it twenty-four-seven" I groan and he nods.

"Finally someone who gets it" He chuckles.

"There you are," Someone says.

"Good luck" Julian chuckles, and I turn and see Quinn walking towards me with the guys behind her.

"How dare you leave me with these dumbasses, and Julian" Quinn mutters, and I chuckle.

"It was only for a few days Quinn" I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"Whatever" She mumbles as she hugs me tight.

"You said it was a family emergency. everything okay?" Quinn whispers as she hugs me.

"Everything fine" I whisper back, and she pulls away and smiles.

"Now, if I fall while I'm on stage, I'm going to need one of you to kill me" Quinn tells us, and we all snort.

"I'm not kidding," Quinn groans, before pointing at Elijah.

"Will you kill me?" She asks hopefully, and he chuckles. "It would be my pleasure" Elijah smiles.

"Attention everyone!" Someone shouts, and the room quiets as we turn and see Mr Barrington standing on a table with a megaphone.

"Now I know you're all excited, but I need you to listen. I'm going to begin calling names. Once you hear your name, please make your way over to the outside seating area. Ms Sydney will be there, and she'll tell you to form a line".