71

Harriet's POV

I got home at eight am to a cold and dark house, feeling both mentally and physically tired.

I stayed up all night beside Lilian, thinking while crying.

About what if the CPR failed? I could've lost her. I could have been on my own, for good.

I stayed with her till seven am, but they had to take her to get her ready for her surgery in an hour. And the hospital is one hour away from here, so I'm only getting home now.

I walk into the kitchen and cook some noodles, before sitting down alone at the kitchen table as the sun rose and shone through the window.

The police are investigating the crash, though I know there's no point. There a fucking mafia for god sake.

I wanted to sleep. But I had a job to do.

I call an Uber and get a ride to Whitlock's modelling agency.

I walk in and up to the front desk, before clearing my throat. The secretary stares at me with a disgustingly fake smile. "Hi! Welcome to Whitlock's modelling agency. My name is Jessy, how may I help you?" Jessy smiles and I internally groan.

Too early for that type of energy.

"I'm here to give Ms Whitlock a message. Im her assistant, Lilian Millers, daughter" I explain. The secretary looks me up and down before snorting.

"Fuck off kid" They chuckle and I roll my eyes.

"Just tell her my name is Harriet Miller. She'll understand" I say.

The secretary sighs before picking up the phone and pressing a few numbers.

"Hello, a young girl is here with a message for Ms Whitlock. Says her name is Harriet and she's apparently the daughter of Lilian Miller" the secretary mumbles while giving me a dirty look.

I'm too tired to care.

It goes quiet for a few seconds before the secretary looks at me in shock. "Got it. I'll send her up" They sigh, before putting the phone down. I'm too tired to gloat in the fact I was right.

"Go to floor forty-seven" The secretary mutters and I nod before walking towards the elevator. I get in and press the button to floor forty-seven, and wait patiently as I listen to the horrible background music.

The doors open, and two big men dressed in black stare at me.

"I think you've got the wrong floor ma'am" One of them tells me, and I open my mouth to speak but I'm cut off.

"Harriet! So nice to see you again!" Ms Whitlock smiles as she walks out of what I'm assuming is her office.

"Come in dear" She motions for me to come in, and I awkwardly step past the security guards and walk into her office.

I take a seat on the chair opposite her desk, and she sits down behind her desk before leaning her elbows on the table and resting her chin on her hands.

"Sorry to come unannounced Ms.Whitlock-"

"Please, call me Jolene" She interrupts, and I nod.

"Well I'm sorry to just show up, Jolene, but I didn't know your number and it's urgent. Lilian won't be coming to work for a while. She um...she had a bad accident" I tell her quietly, and her smile instantly drops.

"Is she okay?" Jolene asks, concern written all over her face. "She will be. She's in a coma" I inform her, and she puts a hand over her mouth as she looks to be staring at her desk in shock.