28

Harriets POV

It's Christmas morning. We all woke up at around ten o'clock and we are currently sitting down in the living room watching Jack Frost.

"Merry Christmas Harriet" Lilian says as she hands me two presents and a card. "Thank you" I smile as I take the presents.

Lilian then walks over to Quinn and hands her a small present. "Merry Christmas Quinn.I'm sorry it couldn't be more" Lilian smiled and Quinn took the gift with a slightly shocked look on her face.

"Thank you, Lilian. You really didn't have to. You letting me stay here is more than enough" Quinn says as Lilian walks over to the other couch and sits down.

"Nonsense! Everyone deserves something on Christmas" Lilian says as she takes a sip of her coffee.

"Go ahead. Open them" She encouraged. I begin unwrapping the smaller present, and the sound of paper ripping coming from beside me tells me Quinn is doing the same.

Once I tear off the paper, I'm left with a small baby blue box. I open it and inside is a silver necklace with the letter 'H' on it.

"It's beautiful. Thank you Lilian" I beam as I look at her. "Thank you" Quinn says and I look over to see what she got. Quinn was holding a small red box with a silver crown ring inside.

"Oh my god, that's gorgeous" I say as I admire Quinn's ring. "Try it on, " I tell her and she takes it out of the box. She slides it on her finger and it fits perfectly.

Lilian sighs causing us to look over at her "Thank god. I had to guess your ring size" She says as she holds a hand over her heart. Me and Quinn snicker.

"Do you mind if I make us all some breakfast?" Quinn asked Lilian. "Of course not. Do you want any help?" Lilian asked as Quinn stood up.

"No thank you. Are you all okay with pancakes?" Quinn asked and we all nod. "Are you sure you don't want me to make them?" Lilian asked Quinn. "No, sit down and relax," Quinn says before walking into the kitchen.

I turn to my other present and carefully rip open the paper. Inside was a shoe box, and when I opened it up there was a pair of combat boots.

"Holy shit" I mutter and Lilian throws a pillow at me.  "Language" She scolds and I roll my eyes. "Im basically eighteen Lilian" I scoff.

Despite the fact that Im seventeen, Lilian refuses to let me curse. And whenever I complain about it, she always answers with 'You can curse once you're eighteen'. At this point she just does it to annoy me, and it works.

"You're not eighteen, so keep it PG" Lilian says and I groan.

I then turn to the card and open it. Inside was a Christmas card and one hundred dollars.

"Thank you so much Lilian" I smile as I get up and hug her. "No problem dear" She smiles.

I pull away and grab my gifts before going upstairs. I unplug my phone and see I have a text from Clayton.

                                  Clayton

Merry Christmas Harrietta

Oh fuck off
But Merry Christmas to you too

What are your plans?

Nothing much. Just going to watch a bunch of movies and eat crap.

Sounds exciting.