55

Harriet POV

Black door. Black door. Black door.

Where the fuck is a black door?

He said left right? Or was it right?

Fuck.

"Are you looking for Clayton?" A quiet voice says from behind me, scaring the shit out of me.

I turn around and find Charlotte standing behind me.

"Oh yeah...he said his room had a black door but I can't find it" I chuckle awkwardly and she fiddles with her hands.

"Would you like me to show you?" Charlotte asks and I smile.

"If you don't mind" I answer and she shakes her head before walking past me.

I follow her down the hall, and then she turns a corner and leads to another set of stairs. We walk up them, and then we turn to the left and I see a black door.

"Thank you, Charlotte" I smile and she nods.

"Have a nice night" She tells me and I nod. "You too," I tell her before she walks away silently.

I knock gently on the door, and I hear Clayton shout for me to come in.

I step inside and see Clayton lying on a king-sized bed.

Holy shit his room is massive.

When you walk in, you see a wall three meters away with two doors, one a bathroom and the other a walk-in closet. Then when you turn to the side you see a massive king-sized bed, and the wall beside it is replaced by a massive window. Then on the wall opposite the bed, there is a flat-screen TV on the wall.

"Sometimes I forget you're rich" I mumble as I close the door and take off my shoes, before walking over to him. I notice that there is also a black desk against the outside wall of his bathroom.

"My mam made sure we wouldn't turn out to be spoiled brats" Clayton says as he pulls me on top of him.

"You know you need to stop pulling me. A simple 'sit down' or 'lie down' would have worked too, you know" I mumble as I rest my face on his chest.

"Yeah, but I like to spice things up" Clayton says and I snort.

"You failed to mention how I had to go up a second flight of stairs. I was looking for a black door for a good five minutes" I mutter and he snorts.

"Sorry, love" He chuckles and I roll my eyes playfully.

I turn my head to look out the window and let out a sigh of contentment. From the window, you get an amazing view of tall, green trees. It looked magical and like something out of a movie.

"The view is amazing" I state and he hums.

"We all got to design our own rooms" Clayton explains and I nod. "Its one way glass. Most of the upstairs windows are" He says, as he slips a hand under the back of my shirt.

The room goes quiet for a few minutes before I hear Clayton sigh.

"I know something happened today. So I'm here if you want to talk okay?" He says softly, as he gently rubs my back.

I sigh as I look down, while a tear slips down my cheek, and Clayton somehow knew to wipe it away.

The whole day I've wanted to cry. Wanted to break down. But I couldn't, not in front of people.

I promised myself years ago I would never shed another tear over that woman.

Yet here I am, sobbing uncontrollably into my boyfriend's chest.