31

Harriet's POV

The next morning I woke up with Clayton's arm wrapped around my waist like usual.

I reach for my phone from his bedside locker and turn it on to check the time.

12:17 am

I unlock my phone when I see I have a text. Although I already knew what it was going to be.

                                 Lilian

Happy Birthday! 🎉

Thank you

Ever since I was young, I hated my birthday. I never wanted to celebrate it, I didn't want a party. I saw it as any other day. Thanks to she who shall not be named.

I'm drawn from my thoughts when I get another notification.

                                Lilian

Look I know you dont like your birthday, but please try do something. 18 is a big number

I'll think about it

Thank you. Have a lovely day sweetie

I have no intent of doing anything. But Lilian doesn't have to know that.

I put my phone back down before turning over and resting my head on Clayton's chest.

The arm around my waist tightened and pulled me closer, causing me to smile before I drift off back to sleep.

                              ******

I woke up with my head still on Clayton's chest. He was scrolling on his phone with an arm still wrapped around me.

"What time is it?" I mumble as I sit up and rub my eyes. "Nearly three pm" Clayton answered. Holy shit.

"You slept quite a while. Usually, you're up at the crack of dawn" Clayton says as he turns off his phone and looks at me.

"Yea well dealing with your shit is tiring" I say causing him to grin.

He then grabs my arm and pulls me on top of him, his arms wrapping around my waist tightly.

"Let go! I'm going to squash you" I squeal. "A leaf weighs more than you" Clayton snorts and I roll my eyes.

"Seriously. Let me go, Clayton. I need to brush my teeth, my breath stinks" I chuckle as I try to get up but he wouldn't remove his grip on me.

"I know. I can smell it" Clayton laughed and I gasp playfully. "That was beyond rude. I think we should break up" I joke and he rolls his eyes.

"Oh shut up" He laughs and I kiss his cheek. "Now let go," I tell him, but again, he wouldn't let me go.

"Clayton remember that thing I said I'd do yesterday if you didn't let me go so I could shower?" I remind him. "Jesus Woman. Before you go steal away my ability to have kids let me talk" Clayton mumbles and I grin.

"We're going somewhere, get ready," He tells me. "Where are we going?" I ask and he smirks. "Can't tell you that, now can I ?".

He gives me a quick peck on the lips before finally releasing me. "Yeah you really need to brush your teeth" He jokes. So before I get up off him, I purposely breathe in his face. He laughs and pushes my face away. "Very mature," Clayton says as I get up.

"I don't know what to wear," I tell him as I walk over to my wardrobe. "Clothes would be good" Clayton says and I roll my eyes.

"Shut up, smartass. I mean do I wear something fancy or casual? I need to know where we are going" I complain and I hear him lightly laugh.