56

Major Trigger Warning⚠️

Mention of Abuse
_______________________

Claytons POV

I wake up the next morning to the sound of giggling. I pretend to stay asleep and do my best not to smile.

"Shhh" One of them whispers, while the other one giggles.

I peek open one of my eyes and see Alora grinning while Becca walks towards me slowly with a green plastic cup. I could see water drops on the cup, and I quickly realised their plan.

They walk over to me and stop in front of my bed. Becca raises the green cup in the air, and just before she can turn it to spill the water, I grab it out of her hands.

Both of them squeal before running towards my door. I quickly put the cups down before chasing them.

I grab both of them and throw them over my shoulder, while they giggle hysterically.

"What were you two doing?" I ask and they just continue to giggle.

I chuckle before heading downstairs while they both hit my back, but they're four so it doesn't do much damage.

I hear a commotion coming from the kitchen, so that's where I head.

I walk in and see Mam making eggs, Harriet cooking pancakes and Quinn cutting fruit. Elijah was sitting on the counter beside Quinn, while Sage and Charlotte sat on the stools.

Jay, Alex, Ezra and Leo were all sitting around the table talking.

"Jay, keep your kids under control," I tell him while the girls giggle.

I put them down and they run to Alex, while I lean against the doorway.

"Nope. I said you'd only get a lollipop if you poured the water on him" Alex smiles and they frown.

"Did you just upset my kids?" Jay asks, and Alex looks at him before sighing. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out two lollipops before giving them to the girls. They smile before running over to Jay.

"Thank you Daddy" Alora grins while Becca points to his cheek. Jay bends his head down, and they both kiss his cheek.

"You're welcome. And remember, crying also works" Jay tells them and I roll my eyes.

I walk over to Charlotte and ruffle her hair, causing her to glare at me. I then tap Sage's right shoulder, before quickly walking to his left and grabbing his plate of food while he looks away.

I quickly create space between us so he doesn't strangle me straight away. I shoot him a grin while he glares at me.

He then stands up, and I prepare to run for my life when suddenly mam puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Sage, leave your brother alone and let him eat his food in peace" She scolds, not realising the food I had was stolen. I grin.

"Always the youngest" I hear Leo mutter, and I flip him off before walking over to Harriet.

I kiss her head before sitting on the counter beside her.

"Morning" I greet and she smiles.

"Good morning" Harriet smiles before flipping a pancake.

"How's the hand?" I ask as I take a bite of my pancake. "Okay," She nods.

"You sure? Because we have painkillers if you want? Wait are you sure you should be cooking-" I begin but she holds a finger over my lips.