Bonus

Julians POV

I sigh, shaking my head in disappointment as I stare at the fucking idiot I was so unfortunate to fall in love with.

"This is not my fault" Ezra mumbles, and I roll my eyes. "It's not! It was an accident" He says, and I sigh again, staring at the brownie batter that is spilt all across the kitchen floor.

"I'm not helping you clean this up," I tell him, before turning and walking out of the kitchen. "You're supposed to love me!" Ezra yells out, and I can't help the smile that grows on my lips.

Jogging up the stairs, I head to our room and close the door behind me. I collapse on the bed, staring up at the ceiling as I let out a breath.

What to do now?

Ezra will take at least ten minutes to clean that up. I left my phone downstairs- no way in hell am I going back down for it.

My only other option? Read.

I grab the book I'm reading off the bedside table, and open it up where I left off. I only have ten pages left, and words cannot describe how excited I am to finish this goddamn book.

Don't get me wrong- it's a good book. But at the start of the year, Ezra bought me one hundred books, and bet that I couldn't read them all before the end of the year.

It's now the end of August, and I'm finally on the last book. I'm excited for the satisfaction of being able to tell Ezra he lost our bet.

If he loses, then he has to read twenty books- of my choice- before he's allowed to kiss me again.

I don't know why I chose that as his punishment. It's equally as bad for me. As you might have guessed, I didn't exactly think it through. But I wasn't about to take it back since the look of pure horror on his face was just too priceless.

The bedroom door opens, and Ezra walks in. "Thanks for your help" He mumbles, and I laugh. "Your accident, your problem," I tell him, and he rolls his eyes.

"Guess what?" I grin, and he looks at me confused. And a bit cautiously. "I have seven pages left before I finish the last of your books," I tell him, and he scowls.

I laugh while he walks over and sits on the bed beside me.

Not letting him distract me, I continue reading.

Soon there are six pages left. Then five. Then four. I make sure to tell Ezra every time, just to rub it in. I flip the page, and my eyebrows furrow when I see a small piece of paper stuck between the pages.

Grabbing it, I flip it around to see what it is. I see writing on the other side.

'Marry me?'

I stare at it confused before realisation washes over me.

My eyes go wide as I snap my head to the side, where I see Ezra staring at me with a smile.

"Plot twist?" He says teasingly, but I'm too shocked to laugh. "Ezra?.." I whisper, and he chuckles. He moves closer to me and tosses the book to the side. He throws a leg over my waist, staddling me before taking my face in his hands.