13

Harriets POV

It's been six days since the party and I haven't been able to stop thinking about what happened.

I have no clue what the conversation me and Clayton had that night meant. Heck, I didn't even know if we were talking about teasing or revenge.

The only explanation I could think of was that maybe he just had too much to drink that night.

He probably already forgot about the conversation. So in order to comfort my thoughts, I am going to pretend that that was the case.

Still, that didn't stop me from avoiding him. Which was hard since we shared a dorm may I add.

Yes, I didn't know what the conversation meant, but I wasn't sure I wanted to.

It was currently the start of seventh period and me and Quinn were getting changed into our clothes for gym class. The school's gym uniform was this tight thin grey t-shirt and navy tracksuit bottoms.

"Girls hurry up we don't have all day!" The coach shouted into the locker room.  Our gym teacher, Coach May, was a horrible lady who looked to be in her sixties. She had no patience and she didn't hide the fact that she hated her job. She's also a shit coach.

After we were done changing we walked out into the sports hall that was connected to the locker rooms.

Surprisingly me, Quinn and the guys were all put in the same gym class. But since I was trying to avoid Clayton at the moment, I wish we weren't.

Quinn tugged my arm drawing my attention to her. "I see the guys over there," She said.

I followed her at a much slower pace and I hope that Clayton skipped gym today.

But of course, luck wasn't on my side. We locked eyes which was never good because It took a lot of strength to be able to look away. His eyes were just so captivating.

"Hey," Quinn says to them. "God I hate gym class so much" Elijah groans. "Don't we all" I snort as I look away from Clayton.

"Silence!" Coach May screams and we all stop talking. I shoot Quinn an 'I hate her' look and she mouths the word 'same'.

"Today we are going to be learning how to throw and catch a ball" She announced.

Who the fuck doesn't know how to throw and catch a ball?

"Partner up and get a ball then start practising your throwing and catching" Coach May says before she walks over to the bleachers and went on her phone.

Great teaching coach.

"Wanna go together?" Quinn asked. "Who else would I go with?" I ask her and she laughs. "True".

We grab a ball from the bag and start 'practising our throwing and catching'.

                               ******
It's been forty minutes and everyone is kind of just doing their own thing.

Clayton and Elijah partnered up together and they were throwing the ball at such a speed it had to hurt to catch.

Me and Quinn were basically just watching everyone else. We both hated gym but because our coach was shit she never noticed when we didn't take part.

"Who's the guy who Ezra partnered up with?" I asked. "I haven't seen him before so he's probably new. The school sometimes lets people join late" Quinn says.

I turn to look at Clayton and Elijah again just in time to see Clayton throw the ball at an unbelievable speed at Elijah.

Only Elijah failed to catch it and instead, it hit his stomach. He fell over clutching his stomach while Clayton looked like he was crying laughing.