36

Claytons POV

It was eleven pm and I was going down the stairs to get to dorm A.

I was so envious of the twins because their dorm was on the second floor. They only had one flight of stairs to go up. Yet sometimes Elijah still has the nerve to complain.

I walk through the door to dorm A and walk down the hall. I stop in front of the twin's door, number twenty-four, and knock.

Ezra opens the door but looks disappointed when he sees me.  Nice to see you too.

"Just letting you know that Leo and Alex will be coming with us tomorrow. Leo said they need to 'supervise the kids' " I tell him and he rolls his eyes.

"Meet up at the usual place?" Ezra asks and I shake my head. "I'll meet you two here at your dorm," I say and he nods.

"What's up?" I ask causing him to look at me weirdly. "You look like someone just murdered your dog with a sledgehammer" I comment.

"I don't have a dog," Ezra says. "Dude you know what I mean," I say as I roll my eyes.

"It's nothing just...I told Elijah and he got all weird. Then he left" Ezra says. "What the fuck do you mean he left?" I scowl and he shrugs. "Said he had to go do something. That was two hours ago" Ezra says.

"Shit. Dude, you know how Elijah is. He's a dumbass half the time. Look don't worry, I'll find him okay?" I assure him and he nods before closing the door.

"Elijah you fucking idiot" I mutter under my breath as I begin walking towards the stairs. I pull out my phone and ring him, but it went straight to voicemail.

Despite the cafeteria being closed, I check it just in case he's sitting on one of the benches or something but he's not there. I check the library, half the classrooms. Even the bloody sports hall. The idiot is nowhere to be seen.

After ten minutes of searching for him, I decided to check the roof. I head in the direction of the stairs, but when I walk past one of the history classes I get a whiff of smoke.

Elijah rarely smokes. So it could easily be some random person smoking in there, but I hope it's Elijah because I'm getting tired of searching for him.

I open the classroom door and inside is Elijah sitting on a desk in the middle of the class with the lights off, smoking.

"Been looking everywhere for you" I scowl as I close the classroom door. He turns to look at me and shoots me a look of confusion.

I walk up to him and hit him in the back of the head. "Ow dude! What the fuck" Elijah mutters. "What the hell is wrong with you" I yell and he looks at me confused.

"You just left" I snap. He realises what I'm talking about and looks away. "He looks miserable up there" I scold.

"Look I panicked okay! I didn't know what I was supposed to say so I just left" Elijah groans and I scoff. " 'Cool' 'okay' 'I accept you' all would have been perfect things to say, Elijah! Leaving was the worst way to handle that situation" I scowl and he sighs.

"I know. I know I fucked up" Elijah mumbles. "If you know then why the hell are you sitting down here two hours later?" I ask as I cross my arms over my chest.

"I can't go back there and face him!" Elijah yells and I sigh. "I can't believe I even have to ask this" I mutter under my breath. "Do you have a problem with Ezra being gay?" I ask.

Elijah immediately looks up at me and scowls. "Of course not. I couldn't care less about who he fucks" He says and I sigh.

"Elijah, what's actually wrong?" I ask him and he sighs before looking down at his hands.