78

Claytons POV

"Bye," Harriet says, before quickly walking off.

"Is she okay?" Elijah asks quietly as we watch her walk off.

I hate that I don't fucking know.

"Maybe she had an argument with Lilian? Because Lilian would never miss her graduation willingly" Quinn mumbles, watching Harriet as she goes, and Elijah nods.

Bullshit.

Even if they had an argument, Lilian would show up anyways.

"Why is mam hugging her?" Ezra chuckles, drawing me back to the present. We all turn back around.

Harriet has her back to us, but we can see Mam's face clearly.

Mam's smile drops and she looks at Harriet with a serious expression. She then looks...sympathetic. I don't know, I can't tell from here. Mam hugs Harriet again, before pulling away a few seconds later.

They exchange a few more words before they go their separate ways.

"Wonder what that was about" Julian mumble as I turn back to face the others. I start to feel panicked

I know something is wrong.

Ive spent the last month trying to figure out what the fuck is wrong.

I cant figure it out.

And it hits me that shes leaving. We're going our seperate ways. There will be no seeing her sneak out of the dorm monday morning.

Whatevers wrong- I was too late. I lost the chance to help her.

My heart starts to race in my chest, and I bawl my hands up into fists when I feel them start to tremble.

Not now.

"I don't know, but she's looking very pissed at you three" Leo chuckles as I hear her footsteps near.

"Why didn't you three tell me?" Mam scowls as she glares at me and the twins.

I accept the distract, taking a deeo breath and trying to focus on why mams angry instead of my racing heart.

"Tell you what?" Elijah mumbles confused. Mam just rolls her eyes.

"That Lilian was in a coma? I just went up and asked Harriet to talk with Lilian. God, I feel so guilty" Mam mumbles as she rubs her forehead.

Everyone looks at each other in shock at what she just said.

While my racing heart suddenly stops.

There it is.

The missing fucking piece.

"What?" Quinn mumbles and this time Mam looks at all of us confused.

"The accident Lilian was in a month ago? She's been in a coma ever since. Did she not tell you?" Mam asks, and everyone shake their heads while I freeze, the pieces clicking together.

"Shit.... I thought you guys knew" Mam whispers, looking horrified as she puts a hand over her mouth.

A month ago...

The kiss.

She said she couldn't tell me.

She cant tell me.

"Shit" I whisper, looking around and trying to spot her.

"Clayton?" Someone mumbles, but I ignore them and start running after her.

I know where shes going- I'll find her somewhere along the way.

I run back to the school, where I see her in the seating area outside the cafeteria.