51

Quinns POV

It's been exactly eleven days since my birthday.

And Elijah's been ignoring me ever since.

He doesn't show up to lunch, he won't answer my texts, and when he sees me in the hall he practically runs the opposite way.

And it fucking hurts.

I haven't told Harriet about what happened that night. Although she keeps asking.

I just want to keep it private.

As silly as it may sound, that moment was special to me. And I don't want to tell Harriet, because I feel like if I tell people, it wouldn't be as special.

It's half seven am and I just got changed into the school uniform. I do my make-up and brush my teeth before walking out of the bathroom.

"Look who's here" I joke and Alexa grins.

Alexa's girlfriend, Sasha, has no roommate. So Alexa stays over there most of the time. She comes by the door maybe...once every week to check up on me.

She forgets we are the same age sometimes.

"How's my favourite family member doing?" She grins as she engulfs me in a hug.

"Good. How's Sasha?" I ask and she sighs. "Amazing," She says dreamily and I roll my eyes.

"Everything okay with you? Anyone I need to beat up?" Alexa asks and I chuckle. "No Alexa. Everything is fine" I tell her as I grab my school bag.

"Look, I gotta go okay? I'll see you later" I tell her and she nods. "Have fun" Alexa smiles and I roll my eyes. "Go to school," I tell her and she shrugs. 

I head towards the cafeteria and check the time.

7:44

I walk down the rest of the stairs and walk out the door that leads to the hall.

I'm still a bit nervous to walk down this hallway on my own since what those guys did.

I didn't tell her, but I was very grateful for what Harriet did. I wish I was like her. She's able to stand up for herself so well.

Meanwhile, I can't even throw a punch.

And I'm not joking. I genuinely can't. I'd probably end up hurting myself more than I would them.

I jump when an arm is suddenly placed around my shoulders.

"Hey Quinn," someone says and I turn to my right to see Ezra. I sigh out of relief once I realise it's him.

"Calm down. We aren't going to kill you" someone else says and I turn to my left to see Clayton.

"Very funny" I mumble and Ezra chuckles.

"So listen. We want to apologise on behalf of Elijah" Ezra tells me and I sigh. "We don't know what's gotten into that idiot. He won't talk to us about it" Clayton mumbles and I smile.

"Guys it's fine, really," I tell them. "Quinn, we love you, but you are a shit liar," Ezra says and Clayton snorts.

"Did something happen between you two?" Clayton asks as we walk down the hall.

"For the millionth time, I'm not saying" I mumble and he sighs. "Okay let's say, hypothetically, something did happen, did it end well or badly?" Ezra asks and I look at him weirdly.

"Hypothetically, I'd say it ended badly since he hasn't spoken to me in nearly two weeks" I answer. "That's not what he means. He means were you two on good terms by the end of it? Did you two argue that night?" Clayton asked and I sigh.