47

⚠️Major Trigger Warning⚠️
Talk of abuse

Harriets POV

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed.

I sat up and turned my alarm off before getting ready for school.

Twenty minutes later I was walking down to the cafeteria. It was Friday today, meaning Quinn's birthday was tomorrow.

I am shit at thinking of gifts. But thankfully her roommate Alexa isn't. She told me Quinn is running low on her favourite perfume, so I got her a new one.

I walk into the cafeteria and hope to see Clayton sitting at a table. But when I spot the others, he's not with them.

I hide my disappointment as I walk over to their table and sit down.

"Thank god you're here. These two won't stop bickering" Quinn complains as I rest my head against her shoulder.

"What are they arguing about now?" I ask and she groans. "Apparently Elijah is wearing Ezra's shirt" Quinn explains and I roll my eyes.

They argue about this at least twice a week. I'm this close to offering to label all their shirts, just so they shut up about it.

"Elijah it's Ezra's shirt. It has a stain on the right shoulder from when Clayton threw a piece of pasta at him" I tell him and he looks down at the shoulder of the shirt.

"See?! I told you. Now stop taking my clothes" Ezra mutters as he slaps Elijah's shoulder.

"I swear I thought it was my shirt" Elijah mumbles as he stares at the table in disbelief. "You both need to buy something other than black or white shirts" Quinn mutters as she takes a bite out of her French toast.

"Or even label your shirts" I suggest and Quinn nods in agreement.

"You think we have the time for that?" Elijah chuckles and Ezra laughs. "Who the fuck label's their shirts? We aren't dorks" Ezra snorts and Elijah agrees.

You wouldn't believe they were arguing three minutes ago unless I showed you video evidence.

"Is Julian coming tomorrow night?" Quinn asks. "I didn't know he was invited," Ezra says, looking surprised and Quinn chuckles. "Of course, he's invited," Quinn says and Ezra smiles.

"I'll ask him later," He says.

Just then the warning bell rings, meaning classes start in three minutes.

"Fuck I forget to get breakfast" I mutter as I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Dumbass" Elijah chuckles and I glare at him.

He puts his hand up in surrender before standing. They all grab their bags while I stayed seated. I decided I was going to skip first class so I was in no rush.

"See you later," Quinn says before she kisses my cheek. They all then walked towards the doors of the cafeteria, and a few minutes later the whole room was practically empty.

At least I don't have to wait in line.

*******

I haven't seen Clayton all day

He didn't show up to gym or English, nor was he with us during lunch. He hasn't responded to my texts, and I'm debating whether I should ring him or not.

It is not like him to do this.

Yes, Clayton skips a lot of classes. But he always makes sure to answer my texts.

It was half nine in the evening and I was starting to get worried.

What if something bad happened?

What if he got kidnapped by an enemy or something?