45

Harriet POV

I stomp over to the table Quinn was sitting at and sit down opposite her.

"What's wrong with you?" She chuckles as she turned off her phone to pay attention to me.

Classes just ended, and the guys were gone out to do some illegal mafia shit. "Clayton is driving me insane" I snap and her eyebrows furrow. "Is everything okay?" Quinn asks and I sigh.

"Ever since the fire Clayton wont leave my side. He acts like my name has been put on everyone's hit list" I mutter.

"He never lets me go anywhere on my own. He walks me to every single one of my classes. He even got a fucking tracking app on my phone. He's gone out with the twins right now but earlier he practically ordered me to go straight back to the dorm after classes" I scowl and Quinn looks at me sympathetically.

"Have you tried talking to him?" She asks and I nod.  "Yes, but he won't listen" I mumble.

"I know he means well, but I'm sick of him being my bodyguard" I mutter and she nods.

Suddenly my phone beeps in my pocket. I take it out and open a message I got from Clayton.

                                   Clayton

Go back to the dorm

I roll my eyes before sighing. "I'll see you tomorrow" I mutter before standing up and walking back to the dorm.

I'm so sick of this.

I'm an adult. Not a fucking five-year-old.

What gives him the right to boss me around like I'm some irresponsible teen?

I can defend myself. I've done it before. I can do it again if I have to.

I open my dorm door before slamming it closed.

I march over to the bed before collapsing on it.

I'm so sick of all this.

                                *****

An hour later I heard a key in the door. I'm on my phone, still pissed but just not as much as before.

The door opens and in walks Clayton.

He smiles at me before closing the door.

"Hey" He greets and I don't offer a response. "Remember you need to lock the other two locks when I'm not here," Clayton says as he takes off his shoes, and I don't try to hide my scowl.

I can't do this right now.

I get up off the bed and grab my hoodie before heading towards the door. A hand grabs my upper arm and I'm turned around.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks softly, looking at me concerned. I roll my eyes before pulling my arm away from his grasp.

"I don't need two extra locks, Clayton. You're overreacting" I mutter and he scowls. "This again? Jeez sorry for trying to keep my girlfriend safe" Clayton mutters.

"Safe from what? There isn't anyone trying to kill me, Clayton, so stop acting like it!" I yell.

"As your boyfriend, I'm going to worry about you" Clayton scoffs.

"Is that what you are? My boyfriend? Because for the last three weeks, you've been acting like more of a bodyguard" I shout at him and he scowls.

"I'm trying to keep you safe Harriet" Clayton yells. "I don't need you to do that! I can defend myself!" I shout back.