Chapter 38

Rosie's POV
I didn't know being little came with so much baggage. Then again im probably using my selfishness as an excuse. I'm over here worried about dumb stuff meanwhile my step dad is..

"Rosie!" Seth raises his voice at me "yes?" I yawn suddenly tired, must not go to sleep.

"As I was saying, my men found a location they think we should look into" location? "Location of what?" Of where my step dad is, God I wasn't listen. I see Eathans face fall into a tad bit of anger.

Eathan looks dumbfounded "you must listen little one, stop spacing out. You and I both know this is important to all of us. We've been in wonderland while the people we care for are suffering because of us" Seth says angrily

I know he's right, so I won't press the matter "what about the location? What are you gonna do? Why can't we just call the cops?" Overwhelmed with questions and such lack of answers.

"Slow down Rosie" Seth says softly and soothing.

"Us" Eathan motions at himself and Seth "and our guys are gonna search it"

I raise my eye brow amused "and what about me?" Eathan looks at me hesitant "your not seriously thinking of going without me"

The both of them won't look me in the eye, I laugh "if you think you can survive without me you must be fucking delusional" I pause to catch my breath "remember who let you out Seth? It must of been Eathan"

"Your not playing fair Rosie" Seth rolls his eyes "its not that we think you can't Handel yourself, it's just we want you to be-" interrupting immediately without thought

"Be what? safe? You guys are such amateurs! The second Ace realizes I'm not there. who do you think he'll come after, cause it won't be you guys. When Ace is mad there is alot he can accomplish with just the snap of his fingers."

"Stop talking to me that way Rosie" Eathan challenges

"How should I talk to you? Should I lie and sit here like a damsel in distress "oh no my step dad is gone please save him" No its never gonna happen im just not that fucking person"

"And I never will be" I whisper to myself

"So listen here, I'm going and none of you will stop me" Eathan laughs "you think you have some type of choice?"

"Yes I do actually" it doesn't matter what they do I will do whatever I want. I'm tougher then what everyone thinks, they have no clue of the shit I went through to get here. My step dad, he's been through alot already because of me.

I look over at Seth, he's quiet "oh for once your not dominant enough Seth? Eathan must make all the decisions" I mock, is it immature? Yes, but do I care? No

"Rosie you better back the fuck down" Seth stands up towering over me, pissed off. Okay maybe I pushed it to far? No!this only happened because of them I'm not taking responsibility for there troubles of not being able to think that I could beat some asshole up.

I can't lie though he's super intimidating. But I'm not gonna back down, what there saying is just not right standing taller the words fly out of my mouth like fire "or what? You'll punish me? Well guess what? I'm not yours to punish!"

I see a sting of pain in his expression, okay maybe a little to far Rosie.

"So it's one of two things, you let me do what I want or this" I gesture at the three of us

"this is over"