Chapter 4: Question King Tournament

Gu Xuelan stepped into the house several moments later. She took off her shawl and handed it to the maid. "Is dinner ready?"

The maid took the shawl from her. "Just as you instructed, it's ready. All dishes the second young master likes. Will you eat now?"

Gu Xuelan's high heels stepped on the marble floor. The chandelier reflected in the floor was bright and striking, making it seem as if she was stepping on light. She walked another two steps then halted. She retreated, turned, and walked in the opposite direction, leaving behind a sentence: "Go upstairs and call him."

Xie Yu was in the bathroom, his body thoroughly soaked. Water ran from the top of his head along the strands of his hair and dripped down, the hot steam misting the glass doors on all four sides.

The phone he had left beside the sink vibrated.

He shut his eyes and washed away the last of the foam on his body, then heard two knocks at the door. Immediately after, the maid's tentative and restrained voice came muffled through the door. "Second young master, it's dinner time."

"I'm not hungry."

"That... but madam has already..."

Xie Yu opened his eyes and repeated: "I'm not hungry and can't eat."

A-Fang had been with the Zhong family less than two years, not a long time. She was still hesitant when she spoke or did anything, as if afraid of making the smallest mistake. When she first arrived, even before meeting anyone, she had already heard many rumors about the Zhong family.

It was said that the original Mrs. Zhong had killed herself. Not even a few years later, Big Boss Zhong had brought another woman home. The name Gu Xuelan wasn't recognized by anyone, and when she came she even dragged an oil container along with her. One big and one small. The woman sat on Mrs. Zhong's throne, and fairly securely at that; no matter how others laughed at her, she hadn't fallen off.

The Zhong family's eldest young master was pitiful. Not only had he lost his mother, he now had to watch someone else enter the house.

When A-Fang went back to deliver Xie Yu's message, she didn't know what to say. She stood next to the table with her head bowed and couldn't say a word.

Seeing her demeanor, Gu Xuelan understood what had happened. She picked up her chopsticks. As she spoke, she herself wasn't sure if she cared as little as she seemed to. "Whether he wants to eat or not, he'll get hungry... You may go."

Xie Yu put on his clothes, his hair still dripping water. He wanted to see how much of that mysterious game had downloaded, but when he picked up his phone he only saw text message notifications. At a glance, he couldn't find the game's download progress bar at all.

A group chat titled, "Don't just fight and kill," showed over 99 push notifications.

[Barbecue Stall Prince – Lei] : My god, he'd better know what's good for him. If I run into him again, I'll beat him up every time I see him.

[Lei's Dad] Good boy! You have spirit!

[Lei's Mom]: Beat him until he can't get up! He's been so arrogant for these past few months. He really thought he's a big brother.

......

Zhou Dalei's family members were really all alike.

Xie Yu scrolled up. The content was more or less the same.

Hu-ge had already been set straight by everyone's collective effort, but he still had to subject his corpse to whipping by the Black Water Street Citizens' group chat.