Chapter 14: You miss your deskmate that much?

Class 2.3 had a private group chat.

Almost every class made a private group chat. The point of that was to guard against teachers and enforce freedom of speech. In the schoolwide group chat, the various subject teachers were all present and some things couldn't be said. Some teachers got along with the students and were all right, but a middle-aged woman like Xu Xia who was often very stern and unsmiling, one could tell at a glance that there was a deep generational gap between them.

Class 3's private group chat was a little different.

Not only did they have to guard against the teachers, they also had to guard against a certain two characters who tyrannized the school.

[Anonymous A]: ...I heard He Zhao beat up Yang Wenyuan?

[Anonymous B]: My friend is in Yang Wenyuan's class. He said he was beaten up so badly he's still lying in the hospital now.

[Anonymous C]: Yang Wenyuan from Class 8?

The private group chat kept sending notifications. Liu Cunhao looked at the words, "Yang Wenyuan," and the scene in his memory that had once scared him down to his guts gradually merged with this name.

"Don't hit me... I was wrong..."

He Zhao grabbed the guy's hair and said softly, "Didn't I warn you. Didn't I fucking warn you."

Yang Wenyuan knelt on the ground. He was a very skinny person and his face was covered in acne, all pits and bumps. The toilet's tiled floor was not clean and there were puddles of water on it. He cried as he said, "Please let me go."

When Liu Cunhao told He Zhao to go to the faculty office, Shen Jie was visiting from the other class. He had found himself a chair and sat beside He Zhao, and didn't seem to feel at all like he was someone from another class: "...Hey, you by the window, could you please close the blinds?"

He Zhao said, "Who are you ordering about? Go close them yourself."

Shen Jie stood up, closed the blinds, and sat back down. He had gym class next and was very bored. Seeing He Zhao holding his phone and not putting it down, he asked out of curiosity, "Zhao-ge, what game are you playing?"

He Zhao ignored him, scooched over to Xie Yu, and showed him the screen. "Ace, come up with another strategy for me?"

Xie Yu delivered two words to him: "Get lost."

"......"

Shen Jie was impossibly curious. "Let me see. I'll do it. I'll find you a strategy."

"Get lost," He Zhao said. "Go back to your own class, it's cooler there."

Shen Jie was persistent and didn't give up, and finally he caught a glimpse of it. A pink interface. A cartoon girl with long loose hair wore white underwear and stood beside a closet, blinking.

Shen Jie was stunned speechless. "This... is this that... that..."

"The dressup game countless elementary school girls are crazy about," Xie Yu said calmly.

He Zhao played the game through the whole class period, and Xie Yu was also pestered by him for the whole class period.

Every time He Zhao confidently finished matching up an outfit, his score was unsatisfactory. He tried one level many times and eventually tossed his phone in front of Xie Yu: "Deskmate, help a guy out?"

Matching clothes was like playing cards: both needed a little luck. Xie Yu was annoyed beyond belief and picked several pieces at random. "Are you stupid... A game like this? ID SoftLittleCutie? You're going very far with this act."