Chapter 7: Surname He, name Zhao, Written zhuo-yue, Zhao

They were just asking for a beating.

Just listen to that self-righteous tone.

The two lines of people immediately crashed together in a scuffle and fought relentlessly. Zhou Dalei wished he could strip off his shirt, bare his shoulders, and burn up all the energy in his body. Just show them what comes of pissing him off. "You steal my violet weapon, you steal my violet weapon, I'll let you steal my violet weapon!"

"We didn't steal anything! Is this considered stealing? If your skills aren't as good as ours then just admit it. Fuck, don't hit someone's face!"

Amidst the chaos—

With wide eyes, Xie Yu saw the masked teenager who had initiated the fight, and who emanated an aura of being the chief of this lot, quietly minding his own business. He gradually left the battlefield while minding his own business. His 'minding my own business' skill was very good; no one discovered him as he quietly left.

As he left the arena, he even raised a hand to tidy his hair.

He was very concerned with appearances.

"......"

On this hot summer day, he wore long sleeves and pants, and even wore a mask so that his features couldn't be seen.

He was clearly making for the shade beneath the trees. He glanced around at the surroundings and saw only the area where Xie Yu was standing was devoid of sun, so Xie Yu soon found someone else next to him.

Mask was fairly tall, about half a head taller than Xie Yu.

He and Xie Yu stood shoulder to shoulder watching the fight, then he leisurely pulled a lollipop from his pocket. Pink strawberry, Zhen Zhi brand. He unwrapped it in three movements. It was very hot and the sugar had melted some, and Xie Yu smelt a cloying sweetness spreading through the air.

He pulled aside the mask, the black material hanging loosely at his chin, and ate the lollipop for a while. He didn't seem to have any patience for the sweet; after sucking for a while, he crunched it to pieces with his teeth. Only when he looked for somewhere to throw away the rubbish did he realize the person standing next to him might also be a challenger from the opposite side who had come to demand the violet weapon.

Xie Yu endured it for a while then couldn't hold back any more: "What are you looking at?"

After surreptitiously watching someone and then being directly called out by said person, the guy didn't seem uncomfortable at all. Without any change in expression he put the mask back on, his fingers a stark contrast against the black fabric they were curled in. His complexion seemed unnaturally pale. "You're with that lot, too?"

Xie Yu said, "So what if I am."

Mask thought for a while and said, "Friend, let's go a couple rounds?"

On the other side, the fight was going terribly. Frankly, Xie Yu found it embarrassing and didn't really want to join in. "Friend, I advise you to value your life."

Mask folded up his sleeves twice, revealing slender wrists: "What a coincidence, I like courting death."

Two rounds later, Xie Yu had to admit that this person was unexpectedly good.

His fighting moves were very clean: done in a single breath, quick, vicious, and accurate. Accidentally taking one of his hits would hurt from flesh right down to the bone.

Xie Yu had tussled with a lot of people since he was young. When he was small he had taken a lot of hits; after turning ten, it had basically just been him hitting other people. He very rarely experienced the other side getting the advantage of him.