Chapter 10: Xie Yu said: Really damn hypnotized

Before Xie Yu went to sleep, in a very good mood, he sent a text to his friend group chat: It's over [/Smile]

This made Zhou Dalei's imagination run wild again.

Zhou Dalei considered all the group chat messages this good friend of his had sent over the last week and a half. He had long since mentally patched in a story of world-ending tragedy, a loath-to-part, I-love-you-you-love-him, in-the-end-you-don't-belong-to-me, if I can't-have-you-I'll-destroy-you story of puppy love.

The plot twisted and turned and rose and fell, mysterious and exciting.

Zhou Dalei carefully sent a text to show concern. "... Let bygones be bygones."

Xie Yu didn't quite understand where this inexplicable 'bro, I understand everything' attitude had come from. "What do you know?"

Zhou Dalei replied: "I get it... I really get it. Don't be upset."

......

Later, Xie Yu would ask himself more than once: if he had known then that this game would ruin so many things, and make him meet a crazy competitor who would relentlessly pursue him, would he have opened this game?

—He probably wouldn't have.

He wouldn't have.

He'd die before he played it.

The night Xie Yu pushed "Question King" off his pedestal, everyone celebrated.

Just like poor citizens who fought against forces of evil and had finally been released, they almost stood and loudly sang praise. Even their thought processes when they answered questions now flowed much easier.

"StudystudystudythatsallIdo": 25th of July. I will always remember this day. The sky over the land of freedom is blue.

"ILikeMemorizingVocab": One Question King has fallen, and thousands upon tens of thousands of citizens now glimpse hope.

"TopTenInClass": I'm going to sleep. Sweetly. Tomorrow when I get up I'll do ten more mock exam papers to express my joy.

But this group wasn't happy for very long. Before "Top ten in class" had even finished his ten mock exam papers, on the second night, the missing person Shameless suddenly logged on. This guy kept doing questions until the morning, without sleep or rest or letting up, and snatched back first place.

The sky over the land of freedom was no longer blue.

When Xie Yu next went online, he saw the mournful cries that filled the chat, along with summons for X God to accept the challenge. This was really too cruel.

"EnglishClassRep": You spectated the fight yesterday?

"ForABetterTomorrow": ...Yes. Shameless did a question halfway and found out we were spectating, then wrote in the answer zone, "No need to look, you don't understand anyway."

"ForABetterTomorrow": He even made a side account just to observe the chat and humiliate us.

Xie Yu: "......"

Everyone was cheering for God X, but by now Xie Yu had gone several rounds with the Question King. One day one of them was in first place, the next the other. In order to keep their spot on the leaderboard, both of them hadn't slept for several nights and were tired beyond belief. They might really die if they kept playing.

Xie Yu was pondering just giving up, going offline, and going to sleep. Fighting on was meaningless, but he couldn't control his hands. After answering one question, he tapped to the next on autopilot. As he kept tapping, a system notification came up.