Chapter 65: Z Y

They had picked a quiet spot not far from the rest area.

Old Tang and Mad Dog wheeled their bicycles by. They had ridden once around the lake and were tired, and towels hung around their necks as if bike riding was strenuous exercise.

Old Tang stood by the road and watched them for a while, smiling. "Have you all eaten yet?"

All of Class 3 sat up straight and replied in unison, "We have, we have."

Old Tang was about to continue but Mad Dog dragged him away. "That's enough. Don't think that just because they're smiling... these brats can't wait for us to get lost."

Xie Yu was naturally lucky and had done well over the last few rounds with ease. Not only did he not receive a single punishment, he had even drawn the king card twice.

Xu Qingqing recalled that round of Dou Dizhu before evening self-study with Xie Yu and her fear of being soundly beaten. It was fine that he was lucky at Dou Dizhu, but how did he do so well even with card games?!

This really was a terrible gaming experience!

The round ended. Xu Qingqing put the cards back and they started to draw again.

Xie Yu picked one at random and flipped it over to reveal another king.

Xu Qingqing: "......"

Up till now Xie Yu had found nothing to be very exciting about this game. He held the card between two fingers, still sitting on the ground. "That's all? This is boring."

Xu Qingqing said, "You're not human."

Wan Da shook his head and said gravely, "Yu-ge, we're not like you."

Luo Wenqiang had been targeted by Xie Yu twice in a row. The dare punishments in the Hard Mode edition were really twisted: he had nearly given his first kiss to Liu Cunhao, and was now terrified. He turned and shouted, "Zhao-ge, control your deskmate!"

He Zhao, sitting beside Xie Yu, was amused. He smiled and said, "Control what? I can't control him."

The voices of the people won out in the end and took away a certain star player's game privileges. Xie Yu was made to back out of the game.

Xu Qingqing took back the king Xie Yu had just drawn. Xie Yu blinked, unsure whether to smile. "How can you do that?"

Liu Cunhao returned his card to Xu Qingqing and got ready to redraw. "Sorry, Yu-ge. You're too strong. Life is unfair."

He Zhao patted his little friend's head, then couldn't keep himself from tousling his hair. He consoled, "They're not worthy of playing with someone as skilled as my deskmate."

"What's this about 'them?'" The others didn't like the way this sounded. "Zhao-ge, have a heart. At least count yourself among us, can you?"

He Zhao said, "I'm not the same. I'm a strong player, too."

Xie Yu had no opinion on being made to back out of the game. It was no fun, anyway. He moved backwards a little, sitting behind He Zhao, and glanced down at his phone. If he leaned forward several more centimeters he would touch He Zhao's back.

He Zhao was worried Xie Yu would get bored and took several snacks from his bag. "Food?"

Xie Yu glanced at the several small packets of walnuts by his hand. "......"

Although Xie Yu wasn't sure why He Zhao would have brought walnuts on a class trip, he thought, Better you eat them yourself.

In reality, He Zhao was not as skilled a player as he made himself out to be. The only reason he hadn't been picked yet was that the king cards had all been in Xie Yu's hand.