Chapter 59: Thirty points, but to him it's thirty points of happiness

They fell into silence for a long time.

Now, thinking back, He Zhao was shocked by the turn his own thoughts had taken. He had even believed Shen Jie's bullshit, to say nothing of the rest—to have been caught by the collar, dragged up, and kissed by his little friend like that... he would have been willing to do it a hundred times over!

A moment later, He Zhao cleared his throat and said, "That... let's just forget this happened."

Xie Yu leaned back, the lights from the streets passing by outside falling onto his face. He couldn't help smiling. "No can do."

"......"

"It's too idiotic. I won't forget. Zhao-ge."

He Zhao had opened the window to let in the cool air to calm himself down, and now several strands of hair were blown up by the wind.

He was very image-conscious. He would rather have his neck broken than let his hair be messy.

Xie Yu watched as He Zhao took out his phone and used the front camera to check his hair. Due to the poor lighting, the image on the screen was poor quality, so he could only reach up and run his hand through it to smooth it down.

Xie Yu looked on for a while, arm resting on the windowsill, and complained, "No one's looking at you anyway."

He Zhao kept running his hands through his hair, then said, "A hot guy must maintain himself."

Maintain. What nonsense.

It was too dark in the bus and He Zhao hadn't noticed a single piece of hair still sticking up on top of his head.

Xie Yu reached out, fingers winding gently into He Zhao's hair. As if stroking a cat, he patted his hair down, twice. He Zhao's hair had grown out a little. Xie Yu remembered that when they had just met, He Zhao's hair had been very short, and even a little prickly to the touch.

"......"

He Zhao froze for a moment. When he came back to his senses, he noticed that the camera app he had used to check his hair was still open, so he called out, "Old Xie."

Xie Yu looked up at him. "Ah?"

He Zhao hit the camera button, capturing two indistinct shadowy blobs.

The image was still, but one could see from it the motion of the bus interior, the streetlights that shone in from outside, and the faint silhouettes of two people, one in front and one behind.

"Group photo." After He Zhao took the photo—artsy-looking, never mind that no one would understand it, anyway—he made it his home screen wallpaper. "For recollection's sake."

The bus had stopped announcing the stops. It wound to and fro among the streets before finally slowing to a stop on some street corner and opening its front door.

No one got on.

The driver yelled out the door, "No one? If no one's there I'm driving off. This is the last bus—"

He Zhao was done changing his settings. At the sound of the driver's voice, he looked up and glanced outside. He caught sight of the tchotchke store by the bus stop and thought it looked familiar.

Xie Yu followed his gaze, too.

"I think I've been here before." He Zhao put away his phone, got up, and sat back down in the back seat. He leaned against his little friend and enunciated, "Jian... Jian Xing Store. There's an internet cafe near here, if I'm remembering right?"

This area was not far from Black Water Street. The bus had taken many turns and hadn't gone very far as it kept circling in this area.

There was indeed an internet cafe right behind the tchotchke store.