Chapter 29: "What am I like?"

"Mr. Tang, turn off the fan," Xu Xia said as she picked up the exam booklets. "...It's too noisy. The listening section of the English exam later will be affected."

Tang Sen nodded and walked over to turn off the fan.

Xu Xia held the booklets in her hands. If she were to only lower her head slightly she would be able to see the underside of He Zhao's desk.

Seeing Xu Xia about to stand up, Xie Yu snatched his hand back like he'd been electrocuted.

He Zhao reacted more slowly. He watched Xie Yu look down and continue to answer questions, then blinked and closed his hand, once again enfolding the wad of paper within his fingers.

Xu Xia didn't notice anything unusual.

After picking up the papers, she glanced around, then opened her book and kept reading.

Tang Sen noticed a student flipping through their book, trying to find the right word to fill in the blank. He stopped by the student's desk and, without saying a word, rapped the desk in warning.

The fan slowed to a stop.

There were four people in front of Xie Yu and all of them were anxious. The answers hadn't reached them yet. If they weren't passed on, they wouldn't have time to copy them.

The one at the head of the row finally couldn't help himself and turned back to ask the student behind him, "...Where are the goods?"

The latter indicated he didn't know and turned back, too. "Is it still with Zhao-ge? When will it get here?"

"Don't know."

"Hurry him up. We can't wait anymore. There's no more time."

"......"

The fourth student in line was tasked with a heavy responsibility, but he didn't have the courage ask. Xie Yu's legend circulated the school to this day. He suggested, "Maybe... we should show our true abilities..."

With the reality of having to rely on their own abilities sinking in, the four brothers-in-arms no longer expected to receive the answers. He Zhao, on the other hand, remained loyal. He waited several minutes, then poked Xie Yu's back again. "The answers. Quick."

Xie Yu bestowed upon him a single word: "Scram."

"So cold," He Zhao said. "Look up and take a look. Those four buddies. Look at their despondent and sorrowful backs. Don't you feel a pang of conscience? Do you really not have any other thoughts in your heart?"

Xie Yu: "None of my business."

He Zhao: "......"

"Ten minutes left. Use it well." Tang Sen glanced at his watch and reminded everyone, "If you haven't finished your essay, watch your time. You should be starting to write the conclusion now."

As Tang Sen spoke, he turned and walked toward the podium.

During this window of time, Xie Yu didn't turn back. He reached behind him; he didn't fumble under the desk like He Zhao had. He openly placed his hand against the edge of He Zhao's desk and said impatiently, "Answers."

He Zhao froze for a second before recovering and dropping the wadded up paper ball into Xie Yu's hand.

Once Xie Yu had the paper wad in hand, he tossed it towards the desks in front. It didn't swerve or stray, and landed perfectly on the fourth classmate's desk.

When He Zhao came to, he suddenly wanted to laugh.

He looked down. He'd long since finished his paper, so he rested his forearms on his essay. His hand covered his eyes, giving him a lazy look, and he internally said, This little friend only says 'none of my business'... it's rather cute.