Chapter 85: I'm not that sort of person

Xie Yu's ability to silence a crowd was first-rate. Ever since he had sent that surprisingly chilly smiley face, no one but He Zhao could continue conversing with him when he joined the class chat.

The chat instantly went silent. A few minutes went by without anyone saying anything.

[Liu Cunhao]: ......

[Wan Da]: ......

[Luo Wenqiang]: ......

Only Xu Jing didn't understand why her classmates, who had been chatting happily all this time, suddenly quieted down. She asked, Yu-ge, how do you know?

Xie Yu had not thought too much about it when he typed the reply. Seeing them so excited about grades, he had relaxed a little and replied out of politeness. After he had sent it, he too realized something seemed amiss.

"......"

Xie Yu lifted a hand to hide his face and cursed quietly to himself.

Wan Da was done chatting and about to go back to his online game match, but when Xie Yu's reply appeared, his hand slipped and he exited the game.

He stared at Xu Jing's response and internally screamed, Of course he knows!

They might even have been showering together!

The two of them... the two of... could they be more self-aware?! They're being far too obvious.

After a long silence, Liu Cunhao reacted first and Luo Wenqiang followed quickly after.

[Liu Cunhao]: Because they're best bros.

[Luo Wenqiang]: That's right. I know Hao-zi's shower habits, too. On average, once every two days, ten minutes long, usually between 8 and 9 p.m. at night.

[Xie Yu]: ......

[Wan Da]: ...You're really something.

[Xu Jing]: ⊙0⊙。

Having successfully explored the topic of 'showering,' the conversation now very stiffly returned to 'end-of-term exam grades.' By the time He Zhao finished showering and returned, Class 3 was already discussing how to celebrate.

[He Zhao]: Celebrate what?

Xie Yu looked down at his phone as he typed. Although he found this reason for celebration quite strange, he replied, Celebrating you scoring 49 points in math.

[Liu Cunhao]: Rounding up, that's 50 points. Zhao-ge, you're something. This is a new beginning in your life.

[He Zhao]: ...If you want me to treat everyone to a meal, just say so.

[Liu Cunhao]: You understand me!

[Liu Cunhao]: I hadn't even begun hinting and you got it.

He Zhao getting 'good grades' was an excuse. Class 3 wanted to go out and have fun—that was the real reason. Since vacation had begun, they had all grown sick of staying at home and missed the lively atmosphere of their classroom.

So the few of them picked a time—the day after tomorrow—and planned to meet.

Xie Yu had no plans for the next couple of days and had no objection to the time the group decided on.

When Xie Yu told Madam Gu he was going out, she was organizing things in the storage room.

Gu Xuelan wore a white wool sweater. She had just come out of the kitchen, so she still wore an apron around her waist. She stood on tiptoe looking through a basket. "What is it?"