Chapter 80: "I can see you"

"Class 2.3, dancing to 'X.'"

As the announcer finished the introduction, Class 3 started cheering from the audience stands and the music started playing from behind. "Ohh—"

Some people started shrieking, few and far between at first. The lights around the audience started to dim, starting from the head of the line and going down to the end of the line.

Only a dozen spotlights remained lit and pointed at the stage, shining downward from all directions, brilliant and dazzling.

"Deep breaths," He Zhao said, standing up. "Gym rep, you're shaking so hard. Are you afraid?"

Luo Wenqiang took two deep breaths and flinched. "I can't. I..."

"If you're a man stop saying you can't."

"But I really..."

Luo Wenqiang hadn't finished before Xie Yu cut him off. "Shall I beat you up to calm you down?"

Xie Yu had been straightening his sleeves, and without looking up, he folded them up a little.

Luo Wenqiang believed Big Bro Xie Yu was not joking and genuinely considered 'beating you up' to be the best solution to the problem at hand. If one punch didn't do it, then he would make it two.

"No need, Yu-ge, thank you." Luo Wenqiang suddenly felt his hands weren't trembling any more. His survival instinct forced him to calm down. "I think I can do it. I'm a man. I can."

He Zhao rested one hand on Xie Yu's waist and smiled. He bent close to Xie Yu's ear and said, "You're pretty good."

Xie Yu took two steps forward. He Zhao's hand had only been lightly resting there at first, but now it got more and more inappropriate. "Can you stop goddamn touching?"

Xu Jing led the group. She and Xu Qingqing had tied their hair into two high braids, a simple hairstyle that even looked handsome. They had changed their styling a little that afternoon, stuffing the hem of their shirts into their pants so that their legs would look longer.

They walked onstage, heads held high, full of confidence.

Xie Yu walked right at the end of the line and didn't squeeze onto the steps with the others. The stage was not very high, so he put one hand on the stage and jumped up.

With the movement, the hem of his button-down lifted, revealing his waist.

His frame was slender and masculine, and his waist was narrow.

The vision passed in the blink of an eye.

The audience was set alight by this simple but showy movement. Not only Class 3 was screaming themselves hoarse—the whole hall exploded into shrieks and applause.

Several first-year girls, sitting in the front row close to the stage, had never seen the legendary school tyrant and couldn't match the name to the face. "Ah, was that really...?!"

"Xie Yu of the West Building."

Last year, a long corridor had separated the East and West Buildings. Like well water and river water, they did not intermingle. This year, both the legendary school tyrants had not made much trouble after entering second year, and the only big matter had been their CP thread on the school forum, which had been stacked so high with replies it had reached the clouds.

Now they stood side by side on stage. Under the spotlights, they were haloed in a layer of light, very striking.

When He Zhao wasn't smiling, he gave off an air of aloofness unlike his usual relaxed manner. This was actually more in line with their ideal of a 'school tyrant.'