Chapter 44: Holding hands

The classroom went completely quiet.

In his more than ten years of teaching, Mad Dog had never met a student like this. These two were obviously up to something more than just holding hands, but he had been temporarily stunned by He Zhao's antics and didn't have the presence of mind to check the interior of the desk. "...You two. All right. Sure. Holding hands, are you."

He Zhao's lips moved—he might have intended to follow up with something even more shameless.

While Mad Dog was distracted, Xie Yu stepped on He Zhao's foot. This action was completely merciless and He Zhao was in so much pain his hand subconsciously tightened around Xie Yu's. He said, in pain, "Cripple, you're so vicious?"

Xie Yu whispered, "If my leg wasn't goddamn injured, you wouldn't even be here right now."

Mad Dog didn't hear what they were saying and only observed that not only were these two male students still holding hands, their grip grew tighter and tighter.

Obviously posturing in front of him.

He felt that his authority as discipline head was being held in contempt.

"Since you like holding hands so much, then keep holding hands! Until class is dismissed!"

Mad Dog's chest was heaving. These two had greatly angered him. In order to salvage his authority, he turned to the other students and said, "You all watch them carefully. Until the dismissal bell rings, they're not allowed to let go. I'll come back later to check."

He Zhao: "......"

Xie Yu: "......"

The other students, upon whom had been placed a great responsibility: "......"

When Mad Dog left, Liu Cunhao poked Wan Da and asked hesitantly, "Do we... really have to watch them?"

Mad Dog often came up with creative and arcane methods of punishment. Once, when Liu Cunhao had been late, he had climbed over the wall to school—he had heard from other students that it was an easy feat, so he had plucked up his courage and climbed. But on the other side was Mad Dog, eating breakfast and drinking soymilk. Liu Cunhao had been caught and made to climb the wall back and forth over twenty times.

But this was too bizarre, surely... how could they keep watch, of two people holding hands at that?

Compared to Liu Cunhao, Wan Da was much calmer. He serenely flipped open his English book and said, "Actually, I think we probably don't need to watch them."

In the last row.

Although Xie Yu couldn't use one of his legs, his battle prowess was still frightening. The moment Mad Dog set one foot out the door, Class 3 immediately grew raucous. Xie Yu and He Zhao had both flipped their chairs and fallen onto the floor. Passersby who didn't know what had transpired would have been shocked.

"Old Xie, you can hit me, it's fine," He Zhao said as he dodged. "But we have to think of our classmates. If Mad Dog comes back to check on us, we can't implicate them... Do you understand what I'm saying?"

Regardless of how angry Xie Yu was, He Zhao didn't let go of his hand the entire time. Xie Yu couldn't shake him off if he tried. He was so annoyed his head hurt. "Understand, my ass."

At first, Liu Cunhao hadn't understood what Wan Da had meant by saying, "We don't need to keep watch."

Now, after having observed for a little while, he finally understood. He patted Wan Da's shoulder and said, "You're really impressive... your predictions are as accurate as a seer's."