Chapter 96: Say that one more time and I'll go offline

The next day happened to be Saturday.

Although Liang Hui's suggestion was idiotic, one had to admit it was fairly 'civilized.' After all, if they really fought, it would be Old Tang and Mad Dog who would have to clean up their mess.

So Luo Wenqiang took the lead and accepted this war declaration on behalf of Class 3. "You're on! We're not afraid of you!"

"......"

As they had caused a disturbance, Classes 3 and 4 were both eliminated from the tournament and their progress was invalidated. During literature class, Old Tang took some class time to educate them. "In all things, don't be rash. Not all problems have to be solved by rushing up and using your fists. You're not children any more and you have to take responsibility for your actions..."

The class was dead silent.

Old Tang thought they were silent and furiously looking down intoat their lapspants as a display of shame, and he could not help but soften his tone. "Consider this incident a lesson, and I hope this will not happen again."

Xie Yu had had no time to sleep during lunch break. Now he pushed a thick stack of books to the middle of his desk and hid behind them to nap.

He Zhao elbowed him. "Check the class group chat."

"What?"

Xie Yu did not open his eyes, his face still buried in the crook of his elbow. He felt around under his desk for a while before finding his phone. Without changing his posture, he reluctantly opened his eyes and tapped on the unread notification.

[Luo Wenqiang]: Who's joining? Put your name down and join our class guild. I just got someone to set it up. It's called 'Class 4, kneel down and cry uncle.'

[Xu Jing]: Good name! Simple, violent, and aggressive. It fits our class spirit very well.

[Xu Qingqing]: Count me in.

[Wan Da]: I went to eavesdrop. The class next door has 5 clerics, four mages, and the rest are all assassins. I don't know what class Liang Hui's going to play. He has three accounts...

Seeing Class 3 raring to go online and fight, Xie Yu was getting a headache. "They're serious?"

If they fought face to face, the warzone wouldn't be that big. But now that the format had been changed to a game, they would have universal participation. Everyone who had an account was itching to rub the faces of the class next door into the ground.

During the four afternoon class periods, everyone's minds were clearly elsewhere. All of them just wanted to go home and play video games. When the class dismissal bell rang, Liu Cunhao was the first to pack up his things, pick up his bag, and rush out. "Bye, bros! I have to rush home and practice my combos. See you online—"

Xie Yu was leaning on the railing in the corridor, on a phone call. Madam Gu said a few more words on the other end. The corridor was noisy and he didn't hear properly, and only said, 'Mm,' several times.

Liu Cunhao waved as he passed him. "See you, Yu-ge!"

Liu Cunhao was going very fast and the water bottle he had stuffed in his bag's side pocket was pushed out. It wobbled and He Zhao braced his arms on the windowsill and called to him, "Hao-zi, your bottle."

Gu Xuelan was saying something when she heard the noisy footsteps over the phone. It was the noise of a school: clamoring, racket, and the sound of boys talking, full of life.

Xie Yu waited for a while and didn't hear Madam Gu say anything more. "Mom?"

"It's nothing." Gu Xuelan recovered, then reminded him, "Take care on your way back."