Chapter 69: When you have a problem at school, I can only watch you get frust.

He Zhao was still reading the question, following each of the notes Old Wu had written in red chalk. After doing the arithmetic, he considered several ways of approaching the question.

The concept Old Wu had explained in class was quite straightforward, but even simple concepts became more complicated when they were tested using functions.

He Zhao wanted to grab a piece of scratch paper and draft an answer.

Xie Yu glanced at He Zhao and noticed that he was looking at the blackboard even more intently than he had been looking at his game.

He Zhao wasn't very enthusiastic about gaming. He tapped here and there but didn't get invested.

Rather than liking gaming, it seemed more that he was bored and had nothing to do.

But he was good at the game and had a lot of tricks up his sleeve. During evening self-study, Wan Da and the others often invited He Zhao to play with them, or asked him which server he was on.

He Zhao always responded, "I'm not playing with you today. I'm playing a couples' formation with my deskmate."

Wan Da doggedly kept on inviting him, hoping to get a good player on his team. "Yu-ge? That's more like a solo suicide mission, right? Don't you want to play in an actual team?"

Xie Yu finally reached out and tapped on He Zhao's phone screen.

On the game interface, 'Handsome He' dodged an attack and swung his sword in a counterattack before running off to the side, still trailing blood.

Xie Yu retracted his hand, then asked, "What were you thinking so hard about?"

"Look at these conditions to determine the boundaries of the question." Old Wu laid out the critical points and drew a diagram, then rapped on the blackboard with a ruler. "Take a few minutes to think about this..."

Old Wu wanted to call someone up to the blackboard to solve the question, but glancing around the class he found that only Xue Xisheng was actively trying to do the question. He said, "Study rep, come up and solve it."

Xue Xisheng pushed up his glasses, got up, walked to the blackboard, and wrote the word 'Solution:' practically tucked away in the upper left corner of the board.

He Zhao quickly gave his avatar a healing potion and fell silent.

Surely, he couldn't say, Old Xie, this extension question is quite simple. In the last minute, I thought of three different ways to solve it. Do you want to hear them?

Thankfully, Xie Yu didn't keep asking.

Xie Yu wrote down several solution steps in his notes app, ordered his thoughts, then deleted the note. He opened his calculator app and started to do the arithmetic.

Neither of them were well-versed in love, but many of their peers had gotten into relationships early.

Based on Wan Da's rumors alone, all the couples in school lined up might be able to circumnavigate the school grounds twice. He went on about which students from which class had just gotten together, but that person from that class had just split up with that other person... there were all kinds of reasons for breaking up. They seemed to be dating just for fun.

The biggest scandal had happened last year. Even Xie Yu, who didn't listen to gossip, knew about it.

There had been a girl with good grades, the literature rep of her class. The sort of girl who gave speeches at the yearly parent assembly, and who looked well-behaved and demure. But she had gotten into a relationship with a transfer student who led a messy life.