Chapter 38: Push-ups

The 'Crossdressing Big Bro' hurdle was probably one they wouldn't overcome. While Old Tang wasn't watching, Liu Cunhao and the others used the class computer to look for skirts. "How about this one? There's lace, so it looks princessy... romantic, and also quite elegant."

Wan Da said, "Let's go with this maid outfit. This one's good. Looks seductive."

Luo Wenqiang, who had no affection for such things: "......"

"The one above that. Scroll up." After the tussle with Xie Yu, He Zhao bent down and righted his chair with one hand, joining in on the fun. "Not that one. Scroll up."

"Which one?" Liu Cunhao scrolled up for a long time and didn't see any that fit the bill, so the more he scrolled the more confused he was. "Zhao-ge, did you see wrong?"

Then He Zhao showcased his taste in women's clothing to the whole class without holding back at all. "Third from the top. That one's good."

On the screen was a peony floral-print sheath dress, a dogshit mess of clashing red and green.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He Zhao sat in his seat and looked at the projector screen, then at his deskmate. "What do you think? Isn't this a good one?"

Liu Cunhao and the others were shocked into silence by this unbearably tacky dress and He Zhao's textbook terrible taste. A thousand words stuck in each of their throats.

Xie Yu said, "Don't you have any sense of this at all?"

He Zhao said, "I think it's fine. If this were a dressup game, this dress would definitely get a good score."

"A Renminbi player has no right to speak here."

"Believe me."

"Shut up."

"Look at these colors. So bright..."

"Bright?" Xie Yu sneered, drawing blood at once. "The aunties at the flea market have taste that leaves yours eight blocks in the dust."

When Xie Yu finished, Wan Da started clapping. "Well said. Exquisite."

Liu Cunhao: "A like for Yu-ge."

He Zhao: "......"

After He Zhao's farce, Luo Wenqiang's emotions had gone through a rollercoaster and opposing forces had leveled each other out. Now he felt that the romantic princess dress and the maid uniform weren't that hard to stomach after all.

So Luo Wenqiang clenched his hands into fists and endured the pain. "Then, then let's go with the one from just now."

"Zhao-ge, well done!"

Wan Da had clearly overthought things. Recalling what had just happened, he now thought that He Zhao had intentionally looked for the ugliest outfit to provoke the gym rep. He shot He Zhao a thumbs-up and said with respect, "You still have the most impressive tricks."

"I'll take the compliment." He Zhao was very confused but he was fairly well-practiced at carrying on a conversation. After he said that, he bent close to Xie Yu's ear and whispered, "What's he praising me for?"

Xie Yu pushed his head away. He wasn't in the mood to talk.

After the last class of the day, everyone packed up their bags and prepared to go home as the student on duty cleaned the blackboard.

The live-in students were more concerned with what was for dinner. He Zhao had been messing around on his phone all through the last class period, and he even slipped out to make a phone call while Old Wu wasn't looking.