Chapter 13: Got a lot of nerve, have you?

The two students sitting in the row in front quietly pulled their chairs forward a little, the chairs making small sounds as they dragged on the floor. They pulled forward until their chests were right up against the side of the table, and only stopped when they were at the point their chests were tight and they almost couldn't draw breath. They did everything they could to put distance between them and the two big bros behind them.

He Zhao: "Surely you're overreacting. I just touched you."

"Get your ass the hell away," Xie Yu said. "Don't casually touch me."

He Zhao didn't say anything, just stuck out his hand in front of Xie Yu.

Xie Yu glanced at He Zhao and remembered He Zhao's line from before: 'I'm quite interested in him'. "You want to go a round?"

"Go on, touch me. I'm letting you touch me back."

Xie Yu: "......"

The last student finished their self-introduction and walked away. Xu Xia coughed, hinting to a certain two students to follow the classroom rules. "We'll end the class meeting here. Dorm students, remember to follow the school conduct rules. I don't want to spend time after class dealing with your extracurricular matters. Have some self-awareness."

Xu Xia handed out the timetable and some school notices, then said, "Liu Cunhao, you be the temporary class rep. You have experience."

Liu Cunhao's heart felt like ashes: "... Ah, yes."

Not even two minutes later, He Zhao asked again, "Hey, so what's the real story behind your nail polish?"

Xie Yu thought: this person is really very frustrating.

The incident of the black nail polish.

Xie Yu hadn't realized it would leave such a heavy and colorful brushstroke upon his life story.

About half a year ago, Black Water Street had held a dance competition.

The Residents' Association put up banners in the streets calling for people to sign up. The advertising was very heavy-handed. However, going by the wording of the banners, it was obvious that this competition's target audience was not youths. On them was written, "Regain your youth! Regain the confidence you had when you were young!"

At that time, Da Mei had just received his acceptance letter from a U.S. university. Not long after, he would have to leave. He insisted that they sign up and participate before he left.

Zhou Dalei sure didn't know how to dance, and refused on the spot. "I don't want to. It's too embarrassing. What are you thinking—going to compete with a bunch of Residents' Association aunties in dancing? Are you mad?"

Xie Yu also said, "Da Mei, this is not up for discussion."

Not only the Residents' Association aunties but even Xu Yanmei and Lei's mom had started making preparations for this dance competition.

Aunt Mei had even dragged Xie Yu to the plaza to see their elegant, complex fan dance. They held green fans, the staves glittering in the light.

When Lei's mom was young, she was said to be the most beautiful girl within ten kilometres and eight villages. But by now, she had eaten her way to more than 100 kilos. When they finished dancing, Xie Yu stood in the center of the plaza. With a hundred mixed emotions, he squeezed out two words: "... Quite good."

Da Mei was extraordinarily serious this time. They had thought that this was a fit of temporary enthusiasm, but Da Mei bugged them for three days.

This had never happened before.