Chapter 9

The intensity of the sunlight shining through the window made her promptly shut her eyes again. She turned her face to the other side as the morning rays shone brightly across her face. She murmured something meaningless. Jennie blinked, yawned and woke up sleepily. She wasn't a morning person for sure. She didn't know why but she felt an eagerness to go outside the house. She moaned sleepily. She tried to find her slippers and stretched out her body. She needed to get the morning newspaper.

She opened the front door quietly and walked towards the mailbox. She was stunned. There was a box of single red roses between the bars of the main gate. Her big eyes widened, as she didn't believe her eyes. She looked around to find somebody who put this flower in the wrong place. Nobody was around in this early morning. She took it, opened the box and pulled out the lovely flower. She always liked roses. She smiled lightly. She inhaled a deep breath of the scent of fresh rose and then, giggled slightly. It seemed somebody forgot his lover's house as he put it wrongly. She laughed a bit for her thought and took the flower with her along with the morning newspaper.

Jisoo came again, around 11 o'clock. Jennie was reading the magazine at the porch, with her right hand holding a single red rose. His eyes spotted the red rose. He grinned widely with sparkling lights in his dark eyes. If he knew she would like it, he should have sent it to her every day. However, would she have ever wanted something from him? She hated him so much for god's sake, "Jennie."

Jennie lifted her face up from the magazine, 'Oh my god. He's really stubborn. How many times do I have to say to make him understand?' She thought, desperately. She closed the magazine severely, but it was too late to run away from him as he caught her. The main gate was opened so he could get in easily.

"You look fresh today." He said with a smile, "Um." "Jennie, may I sit here?" He asked, pointing to the chair next to her.

"What do you want?" Her big eyes were forceful, staring at him.

"Finished what I started yesterday." Sighing, she stared at him.

"You won't stop bugging me, will you? You won't give up until you get what you want." He grinned lightly seeing that Jennie's mood wasn't as bad as yesterday. Maybe giving her a rose wasn't a bad idea. He should have done it a long time before. He moved closer to her and then, sat down beside her.

"I still hope that you would agree to marry me." Jennie had opened her mouth, ready to argue with him but Jisoo cut it quickly. He stared at her and said softly.

"Please, let me finished it. I know you are a kind-hearted person. I certainly know that you don't have a heart to kill your own baby. I know you, Jennie, even though you hate its father so much." His deep dark brown eyes mesmerized her, staring at her intensely. She could see that those eyes glistened with tears.

"And I couldn't find a word to say my biggest thank you from the bottom of my heart." He said firmly, with a deep sincerity.

"Why are you so sure that I will keep the baby?" He set his eyes on her again.

"My heart told me." He murmured.

Jennie sighed again, and turned her head to the butterfly, flying beautifully around the flowers in her lovely garden. Then, she turned her head, set her eyes on the single red rose on her hand as she played with it. She felt a mix of emotions inside her heart.

"The baby needs a name. It needs a status; otherwise he or she would be a laughing joke when it grows up. Please think about it, Jennie. I want the baby to have my name and I will do anything for you for keeping my baby alive." His eyes were pleading. Jisoo had thrown his pride, begging her to keep his precious unborn baby alive.