Chapter 16

The dinner had never come into realization. Before their date, Jennie had been rushed to hospital. It was Thursday morning when she felt a great pain in her stomach. Cold sweats covered her body as she tried to ease the pain.  was in the middle of an important meeting with some foreign businessmen, including Soojoo when  called him. His secretary said he couldn't be disturbed. In fact, Soojoo was the one who was taking the message when his secretary entered the meeting room quietly. Soojoo saw the message note, and then, she went outside the room as Jisoo was concentrating to explain his business plans on the board to his business associates.

"Did I tell you that we couldn't be disturbed?! We have an important meeting! I don't believe that you had disturbed Mr. Kim with this small matter!" Soojoo mumbled, scolding  's secretary outside the meeting room.

"I'm sorry, Miss Hong, but this girl said it's important. She said I have to tell Mr. Kim or he would get angry if I didn't tell him."

"What is the matter?" Soojoo asked, impatiently 'She might be Jisoo Oppa's secret girlfriend. Finally I got her.' Soojoo thought to herself.

"She didn't tell me. She said only to get Mr. Kim on the phone right away since Mr. Kim didn't pick up his mobile. Maybe he left it on his office room."

Soojoo's eyes narrowed. Her face darkened. She looked at Jisoo's secretary, "What's her name?"

"So, that was her name. Kim Chaeyoung." Soojoo murmured to herself, "Chaeyoung, just keep yourself out from my way." She said, silently. Soojoo turned her face to Jisoo's secretary, forcing a beautiful smile, "I will handle this. I will tell Jisoo that Kim Chaeyoung called. You can go do your job as usual, don't worry about it."

"Thank you, Miss Hong."

"That's alright. You did a great job." Soojoo left, heading to Jisoo's office room with an evil smile curving on her beautiful face.

~~~

"Jennie-ah,are you alright?" Jennie's father asked, worriedly. He came straight from the office when he heard that his daughter was in the hospital. Jennie didn't answer his question as she was twisting in great pain. She was having cold sweats all over her body. The torture she had to go through was real and Jisoo wasn't even there for her when she needed him the most. He promised to be there for her when the time comes but he disappeared. He had never kept his promise, 'Damn you, Jisoo!' She cursed him,

"Where's Jisoo?" Jennie heard her father asked to nobody in the room.

"Dad, I called Jisoo Oppa several times on his mobile but he didn't pick up. I called his secretary and she said that he was in important meeting and he can't be disturbed, but she said that she had written a note to him and by this time, he should have called me back." Chaeyoung said softly, almost a whisper, as she was afraid that her sister would blow her head off again.

She didn't believe herself that Jisoo didn't call her back after six hours since she called him this morning. Hearing Jisoo couldn't be disturbed from his meeting, Jennie's emotion exploded. She glared at her sister, "Who asked you to call him?! I don't need him! Do you hear me, Chae?! I don't need him here! I can handle it by myself! What will he think?! If he doesn't want to come, then let him do that!" She snapped at her sister, yet stopped grumbling as the pain came again. She cursed him again, "Oh god, when will be this ended? Call the nurse, Chaeyoung. I want to give birth right now. I can't wait any longer. I just want this baby out from my stomach right now."

"But Unnie, they have to wait until your last contraction and..."

"Call the doctor now or I will scream!" Jennie yelled at her sister. Jennie's mother moved closer to her. She held her hand and squeezed it gently.