Chapter 34

*******DRAMA START HERE**** I advise you, prepare the tissue you really need it. :) Enjoy.... 

Graduating with flying colors, Jennie smiled to the camera. His father was taking her picture with her graduation attributes. She scanned the big garden outside the University of Seoul Auditorium to find someone she wanted to be standing with. Jisoo had promised her to come with Yohan on her graduation day. She suddenly felt cold. Although Seoul had almost finished its winter the coldness in February was still surrounding them. She supposed to fly to Sydney five days after her last presentation; however, she found another reason to delay her departure: She wanted to attend a graduation ceremony in February. That made her bargaining another one month from Jong-in. After that, there would be no reason to delay her flying to Sydney.

She turned her head, looking at the other graduates who were laughing happily with their partner. Big smiles on their face when their family took their picture. She felt alone. Her mind was wondering to have a beautiful dream again. What would she feel if Jisoo were by her side when she got her degree? She blinked several times, fighting back her tears, as she didn't want her family to see her cry again. She had promised herself to be strong especially when the day of separation was in a few days. She inhaled a big sigh. Life was too cruel. She said to herself.

Suddenly, a tap on her shoulder had taken her back to the present. She turned her head and saw Jisoo grinning happily, holding a big bouquet of red roses. She let out a little laugh to meet his dark brown eyes. Before she could mutter any words to him, a little hand had pulled down her dress impatiently.
"Omma."

She lowered her head to see Yohan holding a single red rose in his right hand. She knelt down to be one level with him. She gave him her beautiful smile, "Is that for Omma, Yohannie?"

He nodded with his cute grin, liked his father. His dark brown eyes were shining brightly.

"Thank you. You are my good boy." She hugged and kissed his chubby cheeks several times. He shrieked in delight.

She gave her degree inside the tube box to Chaeyoung and pulled Yohan into her embrace. Yohan grinned in joy. He put his tiny arms around his mother's neck and lay his head on her shoulder.

Jisoo smiled. He moved closer and kissed her cheek gently. He stared at her lovingly, yet proudly of her achievement, "Congratulations, Jen. I know you would be the best graduate. We are so proud of you. Yohan and I were clapping hard from the back when they called your name, right Yohannie?"

Jennie stared at him in disbelief, "Are you saying that both of you were here since the beginning of the ceremony?"

He nodded, still smiling dazzlingly.

She felt her eyes prickled with tears again. She smiled in gratitude and whispered, "Thank you, Jisoo-ah. It's so nice of you."

His smile suddenly disappeared. He stared at her deeply. She stared back at him. Both of them could see sadness in each other's eyes even though they were trying hard to hide it with their false smiles on their face.

"Come on, take a picture." Chaeyoung's voice taken them back to the present.

Jisoo moved away as if he knew Jennie hesitated to take a picture with him. He respected her decision. If her fiancé found their picture someday, he didn't want Jennie to get in any trouble.

"Jisoo Oppa! Move closer, will you?! Geez, why is it so hard to make both of you smile at the camera naturally?! Look! Even Yohan is ready!" Chaeyoung protested, grumbling to herself.

Jennie didn't turn her head to look at him. He couldn't bear to take a picture with her. He wanted to keep his distance from her. Her mind told her. She smiled in bitterness. When she felt he moved closer and put his arm around her shoulder, her heart was beating weakly. This is the end.

It might be the first and last picture of the three of them together. Her heart screamed out. The day of separation was approaching. Jong-in had sent her a one-way ticket to Sydney. He actually wanted to attend her graduation ceremony and came back together with her to Sydney three days after that. However, she refused him with a logical reason. She said to him that only three days before they would be together in Sydney and it will be waste of money to fly back to Seoul. Fortunately, Jong-in agreed, as he wasn't aware of Jennie's mind. In fact, she wanted to spend her last three days with Jisoo and Yohan before she leave them forever.

That night Jisoo had taken her family to dinner celebrating her graduation. He tried to joke around but he couldn't fool himself. He was bleeding inside, as he knew their separation was in front of his eyes. Finally he lost her. He lost her to Jong-in, his rival of her love whom he had never met him in person. He sighed deeply, secretly several times, as he didn't want Jennie's family to see his pain. He stole a glance at Jennie. She was quiet that night, pretending to be busy feeding Yohan and avoiding his gaze. He could see her eyes were shimmering with tears every time their eyes met. She was nice to him; putting food first in his bowl, pouring tea and serving him liked a real wife. She was caring to Yohan, too. He noticed that Jennie didn't eat her meal. She might have wanted to leave him with a good impression on her. His mind told him. He didn't say anything.

Jennie's parents exchanged their looks several times as they knew the couple in front of them was only pretending to be happy. They didn't want to get involved on they respected their decision. Maybe it was the best for them but it wasn't fair for Yohan. He was too young to understand. What if he couldn't let his mother go like his father? Could Jisoo handle him without Jennie? Every night Yohan will his mother, and cuddled her. Every night he will play with her, hearing her voice.

Jennie's mother cleared her throat as sadness suddenly choked her throat. Oh God, is their decision the best for their life? Her heart cried out. In her old eyes, she believed that they love each other but...She inhaled a big sigh again.

It was 3 o'clock in the morning already; however, Jisoo still stared at the paper in front of his eyes. He read it again, for the hundredth times already. Petition for Divorce between Kim Jisoo and Kim Jennie. He clenched his fist until it turned white. He drank his wine again. Why couldn't he move his fingers to sign it? Obviously, he couldn't sign it, as this letter was his last 'Wall' of protection to keep her from Jong-in's arms.

Jisoo got up as he had enough to drink. The alcohol wasn't helping him anymore. His mind was full of Jennie and tomorrow she will leave him for good. He glanced at Yohan who was sleeping peacefully in the other side of his king-size bed. Yohan was so grumpy tonight. He was crying hard when Jisoo took him home. He usually cried for a while and end with a wide grin to waive Jennie goodbye, however, tonight he didn't stop his cries. Jennie finally took him to her bedroom and locked the door. Jisoo didn't know what they were doing inside her bedroom. He sighed in relief when he heard Yohan had stopped his cries. After waiting for a few minutes until Yohan fell asleep, he finally took him home.

He had to get some sleep. Tomorrow he will send Jennie off at the airport after taking Yohan to his mother's place. Jennie begged him not to bring Yohan with him tomorrow. He remembered how he was battling with his tears seeing the heart-breaking scene of Jennie-Yohan conversation tonight. It was painful to see how his son will lose his lovely mother in his early age. He had lost his mother before and he could still remember the pain. Will he be able to see Yohan's happy grin again, when his son couldn't find Jennie? He reminded himself that it was his best decision for her. He couldn't force her if her heart belongs to somebody else. The white paper was still being neglected on his computer desk. Even the plastic protection was still intact. It felt like decades to wait for the sun to rises.

"Jennie, I just can't get you off my mind. I have never felt so much in love before, but as a man, I have the courage to let you go, to let you catch your dreams, your happiness, but you will forever be in my thought, my love." He said, weakly.

Inhaling a deep breath of pain, he finally took a pen and signed it quickly on the side of his name on the white paper on his table. Without looking back, he put their divorce paper in its white envelope. He took his last glass of wine and lay himself down beside his sleeping child. He closed his eyes, trying to catch up on a few hours of sleep before the sun rose. However, her beautiful face was flashing across his mind liked a movie, making his heart bleed again.

Jennie couldn't close her eyes during the whole night. After Jisoo and Yohan went home, she sat on her chair and stared blankly at the sky. It was a painful, hurtful time. Her eyes were red and droopy, as she had cried hard after they were gone. It was her last time to see Yohan. She could still remember how he cried when Jisoo took him home. He usually grinned to wave her goodbye but tonight he was so grumpy. He might have felt the same pain as her. Tomorrow Jisoo had promised her not to bring him to the airport. She didn't have a heart to wave him goodbye.

Sighing deeply, she opened her drawer and pulled out all the cards and gifts from Jisoo. She wanted to keep all his gifts and lovely cards for a reason that had been very important for her heart. She would put all of them together in one box and hide it in the corner of her cupboard as she hid her deep love for him at the corner of her heart. She sat back on her chair, wondering if she kept them in the float hope as she always kept him alive in her mind and heart.

The sound of the clock interrupted her. She reminded herself that she no longer had him as her husband. They would have a divorce. Jisoo said he would bring the divorce paper tomorrow at the airport as he forgot to bring it tonight. She inhaled a big sigh as tears were prickling her eyes again. She just wanted to end this misery quickly but she didn't have the power, too. She had never loved somebody deeply as now. It was very painful. Maybe all the love poems were saying the truth. If somebody loved someone deeply then the pain would be unbearable, more painful as the love deeper. She admitted that her love to Jong-in meant nothing now comparing to her love to Jisoo. She finally found her true love, a man of her dream, however, fate was too cruel. It didn't let them be together. She sighed again, wiping her tears.

She soon grew tired. She had to sleep if she didn't want to be late tomorrow. She will take a morning flight. She was looking for a rope to fasten the box of his gifts when her eyes spotted his tiny handwriting on the cards. She took one of his cards and read again, his romantic lines. She felt hot again, in her eyes. She continued to read the next card and smiled bitterly when she read his light jokes. She couldn't imagine how she would consider leaving it behind. Although her lovely memories with Jisoo contained more distress than happiness, she had to hold onto it, moments of truth of her love, moments of love and joy with the man of her dream, to enable her to feel alive again, without him by her side. One by one, she couldn't stop to read again, his romantic words on his lovely cards, staring and caressing his cute gifts until the sun came up. She would leave it all in Seoul but they were kept safely in her mind forever.

Jennie was standing at the departure gate after finishing with a check-in procedure. Her face was pale as if there wasn't any sign of life.

She put her handbag on the top of a cabin luggage, waiting for Jisoo impatiently. She have to go to the boarding room in 30 minutes but Jisoo was nowhere to be found. Where is he? Didn't he want to say goodbye to her? Didn't he want to meet her for the last time? Her heart screamed out. She tried to talk lightly with her parents and sister but she couldn't fool them.

"Jennie, take care of yourself. You will be living alone far away from us. Please make sure that you can adopt the environment there. Don't forget to call us, ok?" Her mother said softly, patting her back lovingly after breaking away from their hug.

She nodded, "I will, mom. Take care of yourself and you too, dad."

Her parents nodded. She hugged her mother and father respectively. When she came to her sister, she whispered, "Please take care of Yohannie for me. I will miss him, badly." She said in a trembling voice, as her body was shaking. She wiped her tears quickly before it wetted her pale face. She promised herself not to cry at the airport but she failed.

Chaeyoung started to sob while they were hugging. She asked Jennie suddenly, "Why don't you take Yohan with you, Unnie?"

Jennie shook her head instantly, "I know Jisoo Oppa loves him so much. He sacrificed himself for Yohannie and done everything to have him by his side." She paused, as she added secretly in her heart bitterly, 'Including marrying me. I don't have a heart to take him with me. It will kill Jisoo for losing Yohannie in his life. I can't do that. Let me be the only one who suffers here. I just want them to be happy, building a new life without me in there.' She said, weakly. Tears were flowing hard on her cheeks. Her eyes were swollen and fluffy.

"Unnie, don't you believe me that he loves you? He's painful, heart-broken like you." Chaeyoung tried to persuade her sister to stay back on the last chance.

Jennie smiled bitterly, shaking her head weakly, "No, Chaeyoung. He doesn't love me. He just wants Yohannie from me. Even he encouraged me to go to Sydney. Maybe he wants to start his new life soon after getting back his freedom. I have to respect that."

"But..."

"Please don't say any more about Jisoo. It makes me more painful."

Chaeyoung swallowed her words. She knew her sister was stubborn but she didn't understand why Jisoo and Jennie made the decision to live in their own path if they loved each other. She knew they denied it but everyone could see that they were in love, 'Oh God. What happened to their brain and their heart?' Chaeyoung asked herself in despair.

The sound of someone clearing his throat interrupted them.

"Jen, sorry I'm late." Jisoo said, softly. Wearing his business suit, he didn't take off his sunglasses. He was driving his car in a hurry. Yohan didn't let him go as usual even though Jisoo's mother had persuaded him with his favorite toys. Yohan was screaming loudly and crying, as he wanted to go with his father. Jisoo finally could go when his mother signaled him to leave the crying Yohan behind. Otherwise, he wouldn't meet Jennie for the last time.

Jennie tried to smile, "Its ok. I still have 15 minutes to go inside, and thanks for coming to send me off."

"May I talk to you privately?" He whispered.

Jennie nodded and signaled Chaeyoung to take care of her luggage. They walked a few steps to the corner of the waiting room.

"Is he ok, Jisoo-ah?" Suddenly, Jennie felt her breath choking her throat as she remembered Yohan. Her voice was husky, as she couldn't control her emotion.

Jisoo stared at her from his sunglasses. He could see that Jennie was shaking. Her eyes were swollen and fluffy. She must have been crying last night. He blinked his eyes to fight back his tears. He couldn't cry in front of her. It would make her feel guilty to leave him. He wanted her to reach her happiness and leave all the darkness of her past. He took her hand softly, "He will miss you but I think I can handle him. Don't worry."

Jennie stared at him. Their eyes met but she couldn't see his dark brown eyes clearly as he didn't take his sunglasses off. She could see in a blurry sight that his eyes were swollen liked hers.

"Jen, I want to say two important things to you." He paused, gasping for his breath, "First, thank you for giving me Yohan, our precious son, and second, please promise me one thing." He said gently, looking at her deeply behind his sunglasses.

Jennie stared at him, waiting for his wish. Her heart was beating erratically, "What is it, Jisoo-ah?"

"Wherever you are, whenever you are in happiness and whomever you are with, please remember, that here, in Seoul, you HAVE a son, a wonderful little boy who loves you so much. Please don't forget him." He paused, as his voice was disappeared, choking in his throat, "I know you will marry your fiancé soon. I guess you will have other children with him but please. Please don't stop thinking about Yohannie, your eldest son. That's the only thing I ask of you."

Jennie stared at him in her blurry sight. Then, she sobbed hard. How could she forget Yohan? How could she forget him and his father? 'Why don't you say you love me, Jisoo-ah?! If you say those words from the deep of your heart then I will stay!' Her heart cried out. She saw his dark brown eyes narrowed as he bit down on his lips. Suddenly, she remembered her gift for Yohan. She opened her handbag and pulled out a white envelope. She looked at it again, to make sure that she had written correctly. It was written: 'To my dear son, Yohan Kim. Swallowing her lump, she gave it to Jisoo with her shaking hand, "I won't forget him. Please give it to Yohannie when he's grown up, when he can read and still remember me. That's the only thing that I can give to him."

Jisoo stared at her in puzzlement before he took it, "What is it?"

She shook her head weakly, refusing to tell him.

He understood and muttered softly, "Thank you. I'm sure he will always remember you." He put the envelope inside his suit pocket carefully as if it was a precious gift.

The announcement to Sydney disturbed their concentration. Jisoo stared at her lovingly for few a seconds and suddenly, he bent down to kiss her lips, as he couldn't control his emotion anymore.

Jennie closed her eyes as she felt her body was shaking hard in his kiss. His lips were cold and she could feel that he was trembling, too. It was their last kiss. Breaking away from their light kiss, Jisoo hugged her tightly.

"Goodbye, Jen. I wish you all the best in the world to be with you always." He said huskily, after releasing her from his embrace. He sighed and wiped her tears tenderly. He then, pulled out a big white envelope from his suit, "I give your freedom back. Please forgive me for what I have done in the past. I owed you so much and I want to say while I'm with you I have never felt sad."

Jennie nodded and took the envelope but didn't open it. She couldn't mutter any words as her breath was choking her throat which made her speechless. She wanted to see his gorgeous dark brown eyes for the last time but he didn't take his sunglasses off.

"I want to meet you again, in our next life, Jen but, I want to be a GOOD boy next time so you won't hate me." He muttered softly, and then, tried to smile.

She sighed deeply as a deep pain was stabbing at her heart several times already. Why did he have say those painful words? What was the meaning of his words I want to be a good boy next time? She HAD forgiven him for what he had done in the past. Didn't he know that? Why did he say it as if he loved her deeply? 'Oh God. I can't take this pain anymore. Please help me.' She prayed, silently. The last announcement for the passengers of Qantas Airlines was calling her again.

Jisoo let go of her hand and whispered, "Go. You will miss your flight."

She cried hard suddenly and refused to look at his face again. She took her luggage and walked to the departure gate quickly without looking back.

Tears were shimmering in Jisoo's eyes as he saw her leaving him for good. They didn't even wave goodbye. After bowing politely to Jennie's parents, he left the airport without his heart. She HAD taken it with her.

Jisoo parked his car outside the airport, waiting for Jennie's flight to take off from its runway before going back to the city. He had to see her even though only her flight was leaving him for good. The sound of Phil Collins singing his one of song made him sigh deeply in despair.

'So you are leaving
in the morning
on the early train
well I could say everything's alright
and I could pretend and say goodbye
Got your ticket
Got your suitcase
got your leaving smile
I could say that's the way it goes
and I could pretend and you won't know
that I was lying
Because I can't stop loving you
No I can't stop loving you
No I won't stop loving you
why should I?
We took a taxi to the station
not a word was said
I saw you walk across the road
for maybe the last time, I don't know
Feeling humble
heard the rumble
on the railway track
and when I hear the whistle blow
I walk away and you won't know
that I will be crying
Because I can't stop loving you
No, I can't stop loving you
No I won't stop loving you
why should I?
I will always be here by your side
I never wanted to say goodbye
I'm always here if your change, change your mind
(Taken from I Can't Stop Loving You by Phil Collins)'

He felt his eyes getting hot. He finally took off his sunglasses, looking blankly at the horizon. He kept his sunglasses on before not to let Jennie see his red eyes, "Jennie-ah do you know for whom my eyes turned red for?" He whispered, softly.

The loud sound of Qantas Airlines on the runaway 3 which was ready in take-off position made him focus his sight.

Finally the time comes.

The voice of Phil Collins was still bugging him.

'Because I can't stop loving you
No, I can't stop loving you
No I won't stop loving you
why should I?
I will always be here by your side
I never wanted to say goodbye
I'm always here if your change, change your mind.'

He turned his head to his car radio in amazed. Why did the song cry out his heart perfectly?

"Yes. I can't stop loving you, and I will always here, waiting for you, if you change your mind, Jen." He said firmly, while tears finally dropped from his swollen eyes.

"Bye Jennie-ah. I will always love you." He said when her flight was leaving the runway and taking his Jennie to Sydney, far away from his side.