Chapter 15

"Unnie. The dinner is re..." Chaeyoung stopped with a mouth opened. She glanced at her mother who was standing beside her. She was stunned, too. Jennie quickly pushed Jisoo away and pretended to be busy looking for her handbag. Her face reddened.

Jisoo cleared his throat as if embarrassed, trying hardly to reduce his emotion. Then, he smiled at Chaeyoung and her mother, "Hello, Mrs. Kim. Hi, Chaeyoung. I...ehm...I..." He said nervously, as he couldn't find the right words to say. His heart was still beating erratically. He was still engaged with their kisses. There was a silence in the room. They had their own thoughts.

Finally, Jennie's mother broke the heavy atmosphere, "Jisoo, nice to have you here tonight. Let's join our Christmas' Eve dinner." Jisoo looked at Jennie, asking for her consent. Before she could utter something, her mother dragged him to the dinner table, "Take a seat there. Chaeyoung, put one more plate for Jisoo." She said, as if nothing happened before.

Jennie followed her mother to the dining room with her head down. What would they think of her? She asked to herself in despair. She sighed. Before pulling her chair, she heard her mother said to her, "Jennie, go get your father here. We are starving now." Jennie raised her head to look at her mother with pleading eyes. Her mother gave her a stared as if she was questioning her actions with Jisoo before, "Ok." She replied, shortly.

Jennie kept twisting and turning for the whole night and wetted her pillow with buckets of tears. She had cried her heart out. She recalled the conversation with her mother after Jisoo left.

*Flashback*

"Jennie ah, what do you think you are doing?" Her mother asked her in a cold tone. Jennie turned her eyes to look at her mother in the eyes. Her mother came into her room straightly after Jisoo left. Jennie kept silent, as she didn't know how to answer the question. She played with her fingers nervously, "I don't want to interfere with your life, but you have to decide whom you had to choose. You can't play with their feelings. You have to decide, Jennie. Otherwise, all of you will end with misery."

Tears were welling up in Jennie's eyes. She lowered her head, avoiding her mother's sharp gazed. Jennie's mother inhaled a big deep of sighed, "I hate to see you cry every day. I don't want you to regret your decision later." She paused, and looked at her daughter lovingly, "I only want you to be happy." Her mother's voice was husky. She sighed again.

"What do you think, mom?" Jennie's mother stared at her gently. She knew that her daughter was having trouble with those two men. One was her fiancé, and the other was the father of her child. However, Jennie had to know who her true love was. It was Jennie's mothers thought to solve this problem.

"It's not me to make a decision. Honestly, I like Kai. He has a good heart and broad-minded to accept you all the way you are, even after the tragedy. There are only a few great men like him in this world. He loves you deeply and always stayed faithful to you. I could see that he understands you very well. You are engaged to him, too and had agreed to marry him." Jennie looked at her mother with teary-eyed, waiting for her next wise words. She still sobbed silently.

"As for Jisoo." Jennie's mother paused, gasping for her breathe; "He is a nice man instead of his past. He had proved to you during these 9 months that he isn't as bad as people think. He had changed himself for you, Jennie. As far as I can see, he threw away his pride to be insulted by you all the time. Even my heart pained looking at his expression every time you hurt his feelings. For a rich, good-looking and smart man as he is, he won't find any difficulty to find any girls he wants, but he begged you to marry him and agreed with all of your ridiculous requirements. I don't understand him." Jennie's mother stopped. She looked at her daughter seriously.