10

You jumped off your horse to be met by the same guard who was up in the tower.

"Oh t's so most wondrous to seeth thee again." He said opening his arms for a hug.
"Yep, you too Larry." You said patting his back. "I really would appreciate if you let me go.." You said. Larry let go and looked at you for a second.

He was the local librarian. But because no one reads in Siskevik he basically just stopped being that and became a guard.

It's good enough at least he's working.
"And who is't wouldst thee liketh to visiteth? i can taketh thee anywh're" He asked smiling. You looked at Yelena, she shrugged. You honestly didn't know where to go first. You assumed the best place to go is to Savva's house.

"Savva Kezkey, I think should be the first reasonable place to go." You said looking around at your team.

"Ah! Savva aye i'll taketh thee right th're."
"Thank you." You said. Larry nodded and started walking. You grabbed your axe just in case.

This city is dangerous, not to mention all the weird starving kids who cling on your ankles if you don't give them anything. Little shitlings. You looked around the crowded street. Place was packed with people who are most likely more wanted you'll ever be.

It wasn't scary or anything, it was slightly concerning. "And who is't else thee may beest looking f'r?" Larry asked out of nowhere.

You thought about telling him nothing. Karim was considered a taboo topic anyways. You sighed. "Karim." You said.
"Wherefore that gent? didn't that gent leaveth thee because of a bawbling argument?"

"He did. But we need him." You said.
"What f'r?" He asked.
"The king asked us to kill someone. And I don't want to risk going alone." You said.
"Thee not bethink that 't might beest a little dang'rous to inviteth that gent?

"What did he do while I was away?" You asked. Larry sighed really obviously trying to figure out what to say.
"Well...What didn't that gent doth.." He said quite heavily.
"So it's that bad." You said chuckling in pain. You loved Karim and you knew he loved you too. But he goes crazy sometimes.

And when you're not there it might take him a long time to adjust to the changes.

He was always sensitive to new things. He had a routine that he always kept every day. If there was one change his whole day was thrown off track. You knew those things are normal to him so you got used to it. Then you left. You assumed that threw him off of every routine he ever had.

So it was easy to guess why he went insane. "It can't be that bad." You said to Larry. He smiled awkwardly.
"Nay.  That gent is h'rrible.  Seeth t yourself." he said and pointed to a bonfire in time Square. On a podium was standing Karim smiling maniacally. The smell of burning bodies hit your face like a fast wind.

"Holy fuck.." Yelena said walking up next to you.
"I toldeth thee that gent wast crazy." Larry said.

You looked him as he watched the fire burn. Almost like the sky was burning too, a little piece of the nether came to the overworld.

What the fuck is wrong with this man. "Let's go and see Savva." You said disappointed in Karim. Larry nodded agreeing. He lead you away into a smaller alley that lead to a big green garden. The mayor's ground.

You let the horses go here. The roamed around the grassy area. It was nice, you haven't been here for a while now. "Thanks Larry, we'll take it from here." You said.
"I'm fain i did see thee again Y/N. If 't be true thee needeth aught thee knoweth wh're to findeth me." Larry said. You nodded and waved at him. He slowly waddled out of the garden.

"Am I the only one who didn't understand a single word he said?" Lynne asked walking up to you.
"When you spend days with him in the library you start to understand his funky way of speaking." You said. It was true. When you were researching on some stupid far away city you basically lived in the library.

He spoke to you way too much and you started to understand him. Although it's still a little confusing to talk to him.

You started walking to the entrance to the building where the mayor lives. Jac walked up next to you, you could feel he was excited to see his uncle. You knocked on the door.

For a second no one opened it. Then from the glass bedding of the door you saw a tall figure appear. The door opened and there he was.

Savva Kezkey. They were tall, taller than you remember. He looked way younger than Jac, almost attractive. They also had a bunch of scars and a missing eye. Signature black hair with white roots from his age.

"You never told me Savva was a Dilf.." Yelena whispered. She never met Savva, only some your team did. You looked at her disgusted. She just looked away like she never said anything.

"Y/N! Nephew! How lovely to see you again, please come in." He said, they also had a Russian accent but way more noticeable than Jac's. He stood out of the doorway so all of you could enter.

He walked you to the negotiation room where you all sat down you and Savva at the heads of the table. "Savva." You said smiling. "It's so nice to see you old man." You said.
"What can I say, I am happy myself. Especially to see my little nephew!" He said pointing at Jac. "What have you kids been up to?" He asked.

"Raiding here and there.. but right now we're going to fulfill a royal request." You said. Savva's jaw suddenly fell. He looked like one of those fish when they can't breathe.

"Tell me about that would you."