30

"And then I, as a good president would, ordered my men to take down the walls of L'manburg-"

"Will you shut the fuck up already? I didn't ask for your shitty history lesson." You said. Schlatt looked at you with a blank face and just sighed. "Also we're here." You said and looked up at the wall.

The gates were new, there was a new chain and lock on the handles and despite the clean doors, the wall was green, overgrown by nature.

It looked like if no one touched it for a while. You looked around trying to find Schlatt. He was squatting in front of a skeleton on the ground. You got off your horse and walked over to him.

It was his skeleton. You didn't recognize it anymore, all the flesh was picked off by birds and various creatures. Some bones were even missing.
"My own people... Why would they do something like this?" He asked looking over the leftover body.

You couldn't really find the right words so you just pat his back or tried to do so. You didn't really realize that your hands would go through him.

You stood up and walked back to the gate. Since the lock was new you could only use the sharp end of your axe. Luckily you upgraded it. You swung it back and hit the lock with full power. It broke quickly in spite of being brand new.

You leaned to the door and with all power pushed it. Your feet digged into the soft ground, as you put your whole body weight into the wood of the gate.

It soon cracked open enough for you to bring yourself and your horse in. You were quickly met by the same lake with the community house in the middle. The place looked new, the houses were in mint shape and the grass looked greener than the last time you came here.

The Community house was put back in place and people were freely roaming around like in any other village.

It was alive like never before.

You started to walk down, the now all fixed up path, and look around a little more. People were happy, kids were happily running around and elderly sat quietly talking on benches.

The birds were chirping and soft, distant music was playing. It was like a dream.

Some people greeted you, said hi, some simply smiled at you. You never experienced this sort of behaviour before in an unfamiliar village but it felt nice.

You walked through the community house. People were sitting around tables drinking, talking, playing various card games. The bartender was Niki, the girl who you remembered was a great cook. You waved at her, Niki in shock waved back and went back to what she was doing.

This place looked more tidy than you remember. They must've gotten rid of Dream, or just lifted the lockdown.

You walked out of the community house and back on to the wooden path. It looked as if you were in a whole different village than it was almost a year ago.

Maybe because of cultus season, people got brought back together and tidied up the town.

You passed a couple familiar faces whom you saw in the casino before. You even spotted a new castle that you probably didn't see because of the tall trees before.

The windows were tainted rainbow and a Cherry blossom tree line with a road in the middle that lead to it. "Who's place is that?" You asked Schlatt.

"Eret, The Emperor of Chaos." He said. And with that carried on the path. You looked at the fabulous castle for one more second before you continued your way on the wooden path.

You soon reached a staircase, you remember this staircase, this is the way GhostBoo lead you last time. You walked up the creaky stairs and opened the small gate.

Before you walked through you saw a sign that said 'no women allowed. Only man zone!'

Some kid probably wrote this. You walked through the gate and looked around. There was a small house carved into a hill, it had an oak door and pretty colourful flowers in front of it. The house was built out of stone and wood. It looked different from what you remember.

Seemed like no one really home though.

You walked past the little hill and now the Hotel elevated over the scene. People were coming in and out of the building, rushing for different places.

It was like a lively ant hill, everyone doing their own jobs and deal with their own business.

Maybe this wasn't that bad. You continued your way down into the desert, soon the light up sign of Las Nevadas appeared on the hills. When you looked around though, you couldn't spot Schlatt anywhere. Maybe he just decided he didn't want to come with you anymore.

You walked down the sand valley and back on to the cobblestone streets of Las Nevadas.

It was dusk, a great time to appreciate the lights.

You slowly walked next to the water fountain and looked into every little store you could see. They were full of people, trying to get the last piece of stock. You got to the burger house, that Tubbo said he built.

No one was in there. The windows were broken and the walls were cracked, the only building that had any damage.

Inside in a small, dark corner, was Quackity, alone, eating away on a hamburger.

You felt kinda bad, all these people and no one wants to eat with their president. You tied your horse on to a fence post and walked in.

The man at the register spotted you and threw you a wave. You nodded back and walked over to the table Alex was sitting at.

He was focusing on his food, looking down at the sticky looking table, playing with a fry in the other hand.

For a minute you stood over him before he looked up and saw you.