46

You walked out of the meeting room and sat down next to the wall.

It was about 1 am now, according to the clock on the wall. You were tired, hungry and confused. You grabbed a cigarette from your pocket and stood up walking out of the building.

You grabbed a match and lit your cigarette, blowing the hot smoke into the cold air.

Alex walked out next to you and looked around. "I don't want you meet Schlatt." He said.

"I already met Glatt." You said taking a fairly long drag and blowing it into the sky, watching as the smoke twirled around. "He can't be that horrible." You said.

"He got rid of the only thing that made me the Angel of Life." Alex said.

"Come again?"

"He got rid of my wings. The ones that signed that I was some sort of important person." He said. The two little nubs on his back were the bases of his wings, which made so much more sense than anything Alex ever said.

"You are an important person. Just without your wings." You said.

"Doesn't matter. I still don't want you to meet him."

"Alex, I can protect myself, more than you can. And why did you say him when you know he's dangerous?" You asked.

"We don't have a choice. Las Nevadas is all I have I can't lose it." He said.

"If Las Nevadas is the only thing you have why did you leave it? For me? Was it worth it?" You asked. It has been building up in you anyways, you have been questioning why Alex left something so important to him just like that. Without a single thought of doubt or anything like that.

"If you're asking if you were worth it, then my answer is yes. But if not, then no, I don't think it was worth it." He said.

"Then why did you come?" You asked. Alex looked away, not saying a word. For a second he was looking in front of him, then soon back at you.

"Because I wanted to." He said.

"You're so creative Alex. You better come up with something to stop Will with. We don't have time." You said and walked away.

Quackity stood there for a while, you could feel him staring at you, restlessly. "What do you mean by come up with something?" Alex asked after you.

You turned back around and looked at him. You were confused about this whole thing, but one thing you knew, is that whatever that Schlatt guy did, it's not a stable plan to go with.

And Alex should know that himself. If he wanted to save the half of the kingdom he'd have to be in his best mindset.

"A kingdoms faith lays in your bare hands, Alex. It is for the best if you make more plans than one." You said. 

Alex didn't say anything now, he stood there watching you as you walked away, back towards town centre, where the festival was alive.

You wanted to understand what Quackity was thinking in his head. He obviously wants to help, but releasing a dangerous person could cause more problems than good.

But you didn't really have a say in this, no matter what you'd say, this plan will execute.

You arrived at town centre, at the execution stage, where close to one one was standing. Only one familiar face, Karim, looking at the hanging body of Tina on the stage.

You knew he had a great emotional attachment to Tina, but even now, knowing she betrayed you, he still had a sad look on his face.

You walked over to him, looking at the stage. Mostly focusing on the limp body of Tina. They put the executed people out on display basically. They have no respect for someone who broke such a forbidden rule.

Which was understandable, but in the time you lived with humans, you got used to people getting a burial after they've been executed. But Pillagers are vicious creatures, they live on suffering and so on... According to the king, he could never see the beauty of a culture that is other than his.

He dispised you and most importantly the humans whom chose to be a raider. And for that you certainly did not have any respect for him.

"Karim? Didn't I tell you to head to bed?" You asked Karim. He hummed in response not making eye contact with you.

"You did. But I couldn't sleep." He said.

"Why's that?" You asked. Karim didn't say anything, just kept looking at the hung figure on the stage. Not even taking a glance off her. "Ah. Well I should've guessed." You said.

"I trusted her you know." Karim said. "With my whole life.. But now I realize maybe that wasn't a good idea."

"I never liked her. She had no sense of empathy." You said.

"She wasn't worth it." Karim said finally looking away from her. He didn't say anything and walked away.

You felt bad, it probably hit him like a bag of rocks that Tina wasn't actually a good person. He had many issues already, Tina was just an add on.

You shook your head and turned around and started to walk back.

You'll be on the road again in a while, you needed some sleep. This whole Schlatt thing also didn't help, the Goddess of Death would be bringing him back to life in a few hours, and you wanted to see what he was like.

What the King Of Chaos was like really.

Coming from his name, he seemed like someone who'd be all over the place, not caring about anyone's opinion and making others lives hell.

But that was just a great guess. You'll see the Goddess of Death bringing him back, you'll have time to meet him first hand.

Despite Alex's warnings, you still wanted to talk to him, you already met someone, close to what he could've been like. Glatt was just enough for you to know a bit of his personality.

Though for now you only needed to worry about getting a couple hours of sleep.