44

You jumped off of the stage rather than taking the stairs and sat down at one of the wooden poles resting yourself as the crowd cheered on.

They've been screaming for at least 10 minutes straight, for nothing.

It was only a matter of time till the crowd actually split up so you could get a breather.

You were right though, the crowd started to thin out so the festival can start. You quickly jumped up and started to look for Quackity, turning your head left to right, trying to spot him.

But as soon as you walked far enough you bumped into a really familiar body of a wall. You looked up at the woman, Yelena to be exactly specific. You gulped as your team started to surround you.

If you could be honest, you were terrified of what they'll say or do. Not sure if you needed to, but the anxiety was there.

"Hey... Y'all." You said voice kinda shaky.

"We watched you die." Yelena said.

"Yeah well strange tall lady, specifically, Goddess of Death said, it is no time to die so now I'm here." You said smiling thinly.

"And I am so glad she did." Yelena said and straight up picked you up to hug you. You didn't remember how it felt like to to hugged by her. She gives one of those rib cage breaking hugs that could basically crush you.

But it was how she showed her love, and you didn't mind a broken ribcage for that. She slowly put you down on the ground and smiled at you in complete utter silence.

"Y/N?" You heard Alex call out, breaking through the group of people. He looked at Yelena for a second then quickly looked away and turned his attention to you. "You want me to leave? I'll leave if you want." He said whispering.

You nodded. For the time being, you didn't want him to get murdered by Yelena, after all you just got to see her after a year. Yelena tracked Alex as he slowly backed away from the group.

"What is he doing here?" Yelena asked.

"Well..." You started.

"You're dating him aren't you?"

"Yeah sort of." You said cracking an awkward smile. Yelena shaked her head and looked at the walking away Quackity then back to you.

"And are you happy?" She asked. The answer was obvious. You were so happy to have him at your side, but it was hard to say that he was your boyfriend. Since it wasn't made official at all.

"I guess so. He's made me happy yes." You said. Yelena nodded to herself and sighed before smiling.

"If you're happy, I'm happy." She said.

"We are, to correct you my love." Zaira said chiming in, clinging on to Yelena's arm. Your team agreed and happily chatted away about something unidentifiable. You didn't care though. You were just happy to see them again.

"Should we get to a calmer place?" You asked, Yelena nodded and you started to walk away from the festival. You didn't have enough place in your house, but there was a small garden next to it, that is perfect for this exact occasion.

You quickly catched up to Quackity who was walking, head down looking at the ground. You walked up next to him and squeezed his hand. You walked along in silence, only your team and the festival making the quietness less heavy.

Yelena hurried up next to you and Quackity. She looked Alex up and down before looking away. She didn't say anything, but she looked like she was about to. Maybe a comment about Quackity and you, or just something about Milesken. Her facial expressions weren't readable to know what she wanted.

Although she looked rather preoccupied with her thoughts. It didn't matter though. You had different things to talk about. More important if you will. "Who did we lose?" You asked Yelena. She sighed heavily and thought for a second.

You knew you lost Jac, but whom else you didn't have a clue.

"Jac, we lost Ludmila, Myrtle, Sasa Cecilija, Lynne, Vanya and some others who I can't name at the current moment." She said. You looked down at the ground waiting for anything else to be said.

"That many?" You asked.

"Fifteen to be exact." Yelena said. "But it's not an end for them, what matters is that you're alive."

"It doesn't matter that I'm alive. What would've mattered is to get out of there in one piece. Yet here we are." You said. "Jac was more important than me or some stupid gold. And he's dead, because a king was selfish enough to keep his money to himself." You added.

"Well we can't change what has happened already. It's in the past. It hurts but we can't do anything." Yelena said. You didn't react to her last sentence, rather you were focused on the road home.

Soon you saw the lovely little house down the street. The lamps were off, just the way you left it, everything in order.

You opened the gate to the garden. You yourself have never been in the garden either, it had a couple benches, a fireplace and smaller oak trees making the garden quite dark.

But the lanterns made light, it was peaceful, something you haven't seen in a while, hence everything that has happened to you in the past few months.

You went to walk in but something crash landed in one of the trees nearby. For fucks sake, you can't even enjoy some alone time without someone or something ruining it.

You looked at Alex and grabbed your axe.

When you walked up to the tree that was, just a second ago, making horrible ruffling noises, was now empty. Leaves falling out of it restlessly like 700 birds left it at once. You looked around but the something that fell was nowhere to be found. The tree was empty and nothing else made sense.

Aside the leaves, you could see smaller crow feathers floating down in the air slowly, landing on the ground without a single trace of a crow even.

You held the feather up to Alex, he shrugged and kept looking around the tree, failing to find anything.

Nothing.

You shrugged it off and started to walk back to the people you left at the gate, without a word.

You looked back at the tree one more time.

A human figure peaked out from the side of the tree. It didn't look anything unearthly, just a normal person, hiding behind a tree.

Despite your curiosity, you brushed off the man behind the tree and joined your group yet again. Although you'll figure out who that was in the morning.

For now, you needed time with your friends.