36

You walked out of the casino into the light rain.

It was only slightly raining at this point, you could actually take a breath of fresh air.

You thought about Quackity on your way out too. Sure he wasn't the best person but he was caring about you for some reason.

Even if it made no sense it felt great.

You really haven't had anyone care about you like this since Yelena. And she cared about you way too much. She's just too good of a person, it was her disadvantage sometimes. Obviously only in the community, when she was raiding she was merciless.

She sometimes put herself under all of you just to make you feel better. She was selfless and she made it show multiple times.

Yesterday when you kissed Quackity though it was thoughtless, and you couldn't actually feel difference between what you felt then and what you feel now.

It felt like something you would never do. Like never in your life did you think you'll end up loving someone like him.

Another question, why you out of everyone else. You were a bad person, horrible even. Killed thousands of people in the matter if weeks and he still said he loves you.

Well he didn't really say he loved you, but he indicated it.

Sound fishy. You wouldn't usually even dare to dance with someone like him, not to mention you were already tipsy.

Could've it been the heat of the minute? No, you definitely felt something before the dance too. He was too nice to you that softened everything he ever said to you for sure.

You walked past the hamburger place. It was shut down, the walls had cracks on them, some windows were even broken. The last day it was open was when you got back, you assumed.

You walked down the road and turned left into the forest next to the desert. It was an unusual placement for a small forest, but it still made the place unique. You walked to the river and sat down looking around.

The river slightly bigger, as the rain gave it more water. It didn't look like it was about to flood, so for the time being you're okay.

You sat around listening to the soft sounds of the river flowing. It was the only peaceful time you got in the past few weeks.

It's always a rush, go here, do that, don't go there, don't do that. She did this, he said that, it's like you're the only available person to tell these things to.

For fucks sake, you were always on the go. Again, you'd be going next morning somewhere. Every day is like a marathon for nothing.

Maybe you'd be better off in your limbo. It was a way more peaceful place after all... Except the weird demon voices saying you've gone crazy... You could live without those.

You need a vacation, that's what you're missing. You haven't been able to relax for a while now, maybe a little trip without anyone would solve everything.

But then again you'd be lonely. Never nothing goes right. Not for you.

There's always something that throws you off from the plan.

The king completely turning against you, Elijah kicking you out, Tina situation, and now Alex. You didn't even plan on talking too much with him but what happened? You fell in love with him.

Alex, Alex, Alex. What is so special about him that you found so attractive at that moment.

You can't remember. You still liked him yes, but at that moment it was way more special. Maybe it was the alcohol that sugar-coated him, or he just simply so pretty you couldn't handle yourself for the life of you.

The rain slowly became even lighter, a soft wind blew the clouds away and it only became a drizzle.

You looked at one of the trees on the riverside. A little yellow bird looked around to see if it was still raining, it saw that the weather calmed down and flew away. More and more birds started to come out of their nests, making themselves home again. These rains are devastating to little creatures like birds at most times.

Some don't know how to handle it and they get stuck out in the shower.

You looked at the bottom of the same tree, a small green frog sat at the root waiting for bugs to crawl out.

Higher, on the tree bark, a small snail slowly making its way up into the canopy.

On an another tree to the left had a squirrel jumping between the branches.

It was calming to look at small creatures, they didn't have shit to worry about, only to survive and sleep.

They had it easy, if you were some sort of animal you wouldn't have to deal with anything like this. Not about love, not about conflicts, only yourself and yourself only.

You sighed and stood up to walk over the small bridge connecting the two lands that the river split. You heard talking from quite closely, it was actually coming towards you. Two people speaking.

You quickly stood behind a tree and listened.

"....You know Tommy, there's something about Las Nevadas I'll never understand." You heard the first man say.

"What is that?"

"It wants to start fights. And fight even more for an unreasonable cause." He said. "And you know, my little paradise here is absolutely not looking for that."

"But don't you think you're repeating something?"

"What? Tommy don't you see? All Quackity wants is suffering. I want to stop him. He is no good for us Tommy."

"But Wilbur, you said this before and it didn't end well." Tommy said. Wilbur? What is he doing here? Isn't he supposed to be somewhere else, like hating on Las Nevadas in a different place?

"What are you even talking about?" He asked, his voice becoming slightly menacing.

"L'manberg Wilbur. Don't you remember how that started? A van, two people, and another country that is against what we're doing." Tommy said.

It was silent then. You didn't know wether to move or stay in place and listen to their conversation but this doesn't sound like something good.

Definitely not good.