28

You sat down at the table with the sharpening stone and your axe.

You dipped a cloth into water and wet your axe.

You decided to go solo as you needed to get a move on. You've been at Larry's house for a while, not that he doesn't enjoy your company, you just don't really enjoy his.

He's a nice guy, and interesting too he just talks a little too much.

Not a big problem but you'd rather choose to carry a bag of iron for 10 kilometres instead of listening to him ramble about his life.

You grabbed the sharpening stone and wet that too, on the coarse side. You moved the axe back and forth, working down any rough edges. It was about time you sharpened it, it was a minute ago since you used it anyways.

As you moved it back and forth it made the ear-ripping sound of iron chipping away on stone. It wasn't pleasant but the sound was familiar.

You needed to upgrade it anyways.

You put the axe down and took out a bag of diamonds. It had diamonds in it before but it needed some fixing.

The diamonds needed to be put together into a blade end and carve the iron part off.

Usually this is Jac's job but you were far from him, so you had to do this alone.

You walked over the casual lava bucket Larry had in his apartment for some reason and dipped in your axe for a second.

You took it out and brought it over to the anvil. You picked up the hammer and put the axe on the anvil, waiting for it to be cool enough so you'll be able to chip off the sharp part. You hit the edge of the axe breaking off the fist part.

As you were hammering the axe down you heard the door open. "I has't arriv'd from the store. And there's an int'resting letter f'r thee." Larry said closing the door behind him.

"I'll open it later. Hey Larry can you put the diamonds together into a blade edge for me please?" You asked.
"Aye!"
"Thanks Larry." You said and kept chipping the blade off.

You needed to warm the axe a couple more times before the edge was smooth enough for the diamond blade installment.

You dipped the axe in freezing water and walked back to the table. Larry out the blade together and handed it to you.

You took the chipped iron pieces and put them in a bucket and held it above the lava until they melted.

You then put the blade in its place and with a stick picked up some of the melted iron.

You smeared it over the part where the two materials connected and waited for the iron to harden. While it was curing you sat down next to Larry and looked at the letter on the table.

You usually don't get letters often. Therefore it was strange to have a piece of paper with your name on it.

You wonder who's it from. Maybe some family member far in another continent or something. You sat up and grabbed the letter opening it.

'Dear Y/N.
I thought I would tell you something important. I, as your sister, will always love you no matter what, but you being a raider came by surprise. I thought I should tell you what I'm about to, and I came to the decision that I should. So listen now. I know you have a friend, Tina Stones. She isn't your friend. When I was is the guard she came to tell the king everything she knew about you and your team. I know for a fact backstabbing in your community is forbidden. Therefore I wanted to inform you about this.
Write to me when you can,
Vi.'

Nice surprise. You knew Tina had something off of her but this, you never expected. Backstabbing and betraying is more than forbidden in the community. It's punished by a death sentence.

You have to report these things to home village. Where all of the Pillagers are born and initiated. Tina knows about these rules since she has also been initiated so now you have to report her to Mother.

You stood up and threw the letter in the trash and walked over to the axe.

You grabbed it and sat back to the sharpening stone. You wet it again and started moving the axe back and forth.

Tina just want to get on your nerves at this point.

She had no reason to out you to the whole guard like that. Maybe that's how the king knew who to kill and who not to.

You trusted her before, but her being annoying didn't make you love her. You didn't care if she died.

But if you report her to Mother you'll have to go to the execution. Not just you the whole tribe.

Meaning Yelena and the others will be there. Meaning they'll probably realize you're alive and well. Meaning you'll probably get screamed at or kicked out.

This wasn't going to plan at all. You planned on leaving in a couple days and simply raid alone until someone doesn't want to go around with you.

Guess that won't work out either.

Other problem, the Home Village, Aka Milesken, is right after Dream SMP. How you know this? Maps. And Dream SMP was covered in plants and trees all this time, no one knew what was behind the nature.

Now that everything around Dream SMP is grown over and the paths are abandoned the only way you could go is through Dream SMP.

That was unfortunate by itself but you never thought you'd be going back there. Especially not for a public execution of one of your tribe members.

You usually don't have to do this many times since Pillagers keep their strict rules. But Tina seemed to not only betray you, but Mother's rules as well.

What an absolute bitch.