33

"Welcome to the ballroom!" Quackity said opening the door.

The rain has calmed down and the flood has stopped so people can actually celebrate the Cultus season.

You didn't have anything formal to wear so Alex just gave you one of his shirts and you just put on your pants with it.

It wasn't necessarily formal like everyone else in the room but it was better than going in bloody clothes.

You walked into the room, a fast waltz was playing, some were dancing some were just talking by the edge of the dancefloor.

Quackity has already left to talk to someone so you made yourself at home and walked straight over to the drinks.
"Starting the night off strong?" A man asked. You turned around to see a bald man standing behind you in a red and blue tuxedo.
"I mean they're free to take no?" You said pouring yourself a glass of wine.

"I'm Jack Manifold. You are?"

"Y/N L/N." You said shaking his hand. "You're from around here?" You asked.

"No, I was in Las Nevadas when the rain came so I couldn't really go home." Jack said. You hummed taking a sip from your wine. "And you? Haven't seen you around here before." He said.

"Oh I'm not from here. I was just heading through but the rain came so I had to stay." You said. Jack nodded awkwardly and looked around.

"Want to dance?" He asked.
"Sure." You said and put the glass down. A slow waltz just started playing. You took his hand and walked on to the dance floor.

He pulled you in close into him basically looking into your soul with them eyes.

You started moving. Chest to chest, slow waltz in the middle of the floor.

Some people joined in around you, some watched. He was holding a strong grip on your back, keeping you close to him.

You moved your foot to the rhythm. You weren't going to lie, it was way more difficult to dance with a prosthetic leg.

Here came the spin out part, when he pushes you away and you had to find another partner to dance with.

He spun you out letting go of your hand.

Your wrist was catched by a strong grip.

You looked at the man who grabbed you. Quackity looked into your eyes leading you on to the rhythm.

He was holding on to you like someone was going to take you away from his grip.

Again, chest to chest, eye to eye. You were a couple inches away from his face, you could feel his breath on your nose.

This was the first time you were this close to him and he wasn't drunk and alcohol smelling. He actually smelled nice, he had great cologne.

Your body moved smoothly with his, you were in sync, basically making it look and feel effortless.

You stepped side to side moving swiftly around the dancefloor. The smooth tiles under your feet almost felt like air, like you were dancing mid air.

For a second you forgot a step, but Alex took you with him, you didn't even have to remember the steps.

You were moving without thinking. It was a simple waltz but routine didn't matter anymore.

You could feel eyes on you from all around the room. You haven't danced in a while, you were a little rusty but it felt absolutely amazing to do it again.

The song came to a high. He leaned you back keeping you from the ground by his right hand only, and holding holding on to your hand with his left.

You stayed like that for a second before he pulled you back up and kept moving.

It was strange, yes. But did it also feel amazing? Also yes.

The music slowly came to end quieting down.

You stopped in the middle of the dancefloor.

If you were honest you were kinda flustered by him. He looked deep into your eyes not taking a glance off of your face. It was like he was saying something without talking. You haven't felt so many butterflies in your stomach in your life before. It was making you get red in the face.

You didn't take your eyes off him for not even a second. He stared at you the same, sometimes looking down at your lips then back into your eyes.

The room was silent, waiting for the next song to play. You just stood there, holding hands, his other one on your back and yours on his shoulder.

You were breathing heavily from the moving around, maybe even sweat a little.

You couldn't look away from him but you just didn't know why. You hated him but he was just capturing you.

Taking away any option to look away. Not sure how you even got to this situation anymore. You couldn't take your eyes off of him.

He was handsome, oh just so handsome. From his eyes through his nose to the shape of his face.

Everything was literally defined and perfect. Notch really took his time to carve him out like he did.

The next song started and you were startled out of your mind. He was still looking at you keeping his position the same. People started dancing now, more joined, just slaloming around you both admiring eachother.

It was strange and hard to explain. But you just simply couldn't get yourself to get a move on. He took your ability to speak and blink or even move.

You were stuck in this holy position, huffing and puffing your brains out after that dance, Sweating and you still couldn't move.

You being so close to him didn't help either. He was not letting go of you for the life of him.

Just holding you close chest to chest, your noses basically touching.

You gulped finally getting your abilities back. Quackity blinked as well and smiled at you, letting go of your hand. "Wanna get a drink?" He asked just casually after what happened.

"Yeah." You simply said, still flustered by him. You didn't really know how red your face was but you were sure it wasn't usual colour.